Cotton on christmas casual (1 Viewer)

EXPLODE

HSC
Hey guys !

I got offered a job at cotton on.. but so did A LOT of people...

I'm wondering if they're a good company to work for or not?

And what's the pay like for an 18 year old?

Thanks !

such_such

HSC
Oh where did you get it? I looked and almost everywhere is full :/

iPhets

HSC
Well I came across some 'feedback' while looking for more info on CC work and most of the stuff I read was about how people only got a couple of shifts across the whole 3 months. Maybe try to get another one on top of it if you're looking for something more stable? (just in case)

tymask

HSC
i have done the induction process in cotton on back in 10 november 2011, but after 2 weeks, i havent received any call from them regarding the training session and the rostering. Ive tried to call the store where i was placed, spoke with the store manager, and he said that it is not his jurisdiction in settling the roster, it is the Regional Manager's job. He also said that THERE IS AN ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING IN MELBOURNE, which cause them to have delayed the process. I WAS THINKING LIKE, WTF, HOW WOULD MEETING TOOK PLACE WITHIN 2 WEEKS TIME???? It is just nonsense... I'm international students who giving up my 3 months holiday for a xmas casual work, and hopefully it wont end up in deep shit doing nothing and wait for a call from them... I read some comments about others experience regarding this issues (the xmas casual at Cotton On) and most of them suggested to seek for other job, while waiting for them to call you back. And be realistic... damn i need to find a job now... do you guys have any job vacancies?

a037422944

HSC
Uni Grad
I got it for typo last year (xmas casual) and from late november i was getting quite a lot of work (compared to virtually nothing during hsc). like 3-6 shifts a week. by no means full time employment, but if you are good (sounds a little up myself) they will give you way beyond the minimum hours. go buy yourself a mymulti bus ticket and just say yes to any stores that want you LOL. when more store managers get to like you, you won't just be locked to the one store but can get work from heaps (i ended up working in rubi stores [even though im a guy and dont know the first thing about ladies shoes], other typo stores and cotton on during the period).
goodluck!

allyoop

HSC
Uni Grad
Everything depends on the store. I quit my stable job because I was reassured by the CO Store manager I'd be getting heaps of shifts. I also quit because I needed a change..

But yeah. Over the Summer I did 6 hours. Discounts are great, you also get more responsibility than other jobs such as working at Coles etc. But yeah. No money at all. Pretty bad.

And the market is really bad too. I've got 5+ years retail experience and am still looking for a job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)