Cotton On (1 Viewer)

Hazy

HSC
Yeah, sales positions. I found the casual position for Haymarket (that's yet to open) that I applied for on Seek too.

Kulazzi

HSC
glycerine said:
you know you'll get paid under award wages?
yeah, someone was like they're getting paid $9 as a 17 yr old, which I thought was very low but I didn't check up on it legal wise. So can we "negotiate" with them to pay award rates? And sue them if they don't? :confused:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
f'ed if i know, i'm just telling you what everyone i know who works there says.

taliahkavari

HSC
I got the call a couple of days ago as well .. saying they would call me on Friday to let me know if I'd been shortlisted.. Weeeeeeell I've been home all day and I haven't heard from them. So I am guessing this means I wasn't shortlisted??
What do you guys think? Have they called you guys back, those of you who applied also?

Kulazzi

HSC
I haven't been called back either. They rang about this time on wednesday to notify me but still no reply today.

hey for thoes who applied how did u apply:
1) did u just click apply from da seek website
2) u took their e-mail and mailed them from your own e-mail account
3) did u call them up.

cause i took their e-mail and i mailed them from my e-mail account
but so far i haven't heard anything from them
was that wrong of me do 2???

i am so worried cause i really wanted this job, cause i was right next 2 uni.

Hazy

HSC
Oh, damn. I was hoping for a few friends tomorrow, haha.

Maybe they'll call you tomorrow morning or something.

I'm guessing no one on BOS has been to a Cotton On group interview before; I was looking forward to reading some advice/experiences. :D

-Edit: misscow, I applied from the Seek website. They called me back a few days after I replied. Not sure about the others though.

Kulazzi

HSC
congrats hazy, I take it you got the call? :)

It's a bit late for them to call me at the moment :p but I might follow them up tomorrow morning, and thanks for the luck taliah, good luck to you too!

misscow- I applied through the seek website, sent a copy of my resume through email and I plan to call them up tomorrow :)

I think you should all do the same. After all, the lady on the opposite end was like "We'll tell you by Friday if you've been shortlisted....." and well, they should've told us whether we made it or not :cool: oh well, I guess they will be bombarded by phone calls tomorrow morning!

Hazy

HSC
Ack, I went to the Cotton On group interview yesterday... if anyone needs any advice I'd be willing to give some. :D

Did you end up calling them to see if you got in, Kulazzi?

Kulazzi

HSC
Hazy said:
Ack, I went to the Cotton On group interview yesterday... if anyone needs any advice I'd be willing to give some. :D

Did you end up calling them to see if you got in, Kulazzi?
congrats! so, how did it go?

I tried to Hazy, but no-one was answering and the answering machine was like "if it's urgent, then please leave your name......blah blah blah". I'm going to call them around 10 or so tomorrow morning, no use calling today because it's a sunday .'. no-one would answer. Thanks for asking though :)

Hazy

HSC
I was the youngest there - I'm 17, and everyone was like, 19-21. And everyone had heaps of customer service experience..

I don't think I made it though, but the interviewers said that they'd personally give us a call since the headquarters in Melbourne are really busy. *crosses fingers*

But they said that they didn't have a set amount for the number of people they wanted to hire. Say they wanted to hire 5 - they could end up hiring 10.

Even though I don't think I'll get hired it was worth a try. And I made a new friend. :D

Wow... they must be really busy in Melbourne then. Good luck calling back again Kulazzi. :)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
how can they get away with paying under the award rate? i was thinking of applying for the new tuggerah store to be opened and im glad i didnt with that in mind

RKO

HSC
applied yesterday night got a call this morning at like 9 something so early...but anyway got an interview next sunday any advice anyone?...they asked for availability from mid nov to mid jan i thought exams would be over but just checked exams started mid nov -_-"...to anyone that works there are they flexible for christmas casuals or no?

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
Hazy said:
]
I'm guessing no one on BOS has been to a Cotton On group interview before; I was looking forward to reading some advice/experiences. :D

i have.

i worked as a Christmas Casual there for Christmas 05.

i had a bizarre group session where we had to create outfits in groups with toilet paper. :\ :\

haha that was only part of it but then the manager told me later that she never does that and was trying something new and probably wouldnt re-do it. it was hard cos it was like shitty 1 or 2 ply toilet paper too :\

but yeh it was really bizarre. i ended up working with a few people from the interview so that was good. and the group atmosphere helps make it less scary imo but you feel like youre competing against everyone else so just remember they either like you for you or youre not good for the job.

i enjoyed working for cotton on cos i worked with my friends. but i've been blessed with good working experiences. they didnt keep me on cos i was only available on saturdays now im at college. they were ok as employers, if my friends had not have worked there.. i wouldnt have worked there :\

but yeh.

i dont think theyre heaps flexible for christmas casuals.. mainly cos they youre being hired for that period and they need to train you up before the big shopping starts.

but for jobs i'll usually stretch my availability and say im (slightly) more available then what i am [cos things with me are hectic/im used to things changing and would hate to lose a job because i didnt end up going on the holiday/exam dates changed etc]. and then if they want to employ me i tell them then (if nothing has changed and i am unavailable on certain days). keep in mind youll just be a casual.. its not liek some career move..

"Chubby"

HSC
they're talking christmas apps atm.....

go check their website under the link employment i think and it should be there :)

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
FUCK!!!!! got a call today at like 9 when i was on the train. i didn't know they were gonna screen me so i gave the lamest shit answers.

1. why do you wanna work for the company? i need the extra cash.... *shake my head*

2. what can you offer the company? i believe that i have the right customer service skills and experience (just dumb this response down... a lot).

*sigh*

the wierd thing was that i was expecting to get a call from them and i did *plays freaky psychic music*. and i got another call from some chinese bloke about another job i applied for, and i was expecting a call from him as well... go me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)