Cotton On (1 Viewer)

dora_18

HSC
hehe, i got an interview as well...
on the 19th of this month
it was so weird, my friend rang me that morning and she goes apply to cotton on ! and so i did, that avo @ 1pm i had a msg for an interview...

if i dont get hired ill be pissed off !!!!

if anyone goes to an interview....tell us how it goes and what they ask:D:D

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
yeah guys, tell us what kind of questions they ask. *crosses fingers for an interview*. sharing is caring ^_^

*Minka*

HSC
I applied for a Christmas postition - really hope I gwt an interview and the job.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
my advice is to call them if they havent called you..

alot of people screen potentials by seeing who is eager/who will follow up/etc

also in the interview be relaxed, on time, and be yourself. but also seem really into cotton on clothes. even if youre not :/ i had never stepped inside a store and i was like, oh yeh the clothes are awesoommmme.

i was dodgy. dodgy dodgy. but i got the job :/

dora_18

HSC
i actually considered buying one of their shirts or pants... I tired of a pair of the coloured "denim jeans" and the material is so light and weird, its like not having anything on you at all!It's definitely doesn't come close to denim...
but i guess its OK for a casual/feeling -like -i- cant -be- bothered -to- make- an -effort look!
(maybe i wont tell them that though :p)

hey jebbie considering you went to the interview,what type of questions did they ask, did you have to see an outfit and judge it or anything weird like that?
and most importantly..what did you wear, becuase they told me " neat and casual" and to wear what i would if i was working in the shop

but i need specifics :D

oh and how soon do you find out if you got the job!

HSC
Yeah I'd also like to know what questions are asked in the interview and what to wear...mine's on tomorrow and the lady told me to wear "smart casual, something you'd wear to work at Cotton On" which to me would be jeans and a nice top, but I've always been told never to wear jeans to an interview, no matter what sort of store it's for or what they usually wear to work. so i was thinking black pants, nice top and nice ballet flats...but i don't wanna wear that if everyone else will be in jeans.

dora_18

HSC
im wearing black jeans!!! lol
and my interview is this sunday, it was supposed to be on the 19th but it got pushed foward a week, which is ok:D

jebbie

HSC
dora_18 said:
i actually considered buying one of their shirts or pants... I tired of a pair of the coloured "denim jeans" and the material is so light and weird, its like not having anything on you at all!It's definitely doesn't come close to denim...
but i guess its OK for a casual/feeling -like -i- cant -be- bothered -to- make- an -effort look!
(maybe i wont tell them that though :p)

hey jebbie considering you went to the interview,what type of questions did they ask, did you have to see an outfit and judge it or anything weird like that?
and most importantly..what did you wear, becuase they told me " neat and casual" and to wear what i would if i was working in the shop

but i need specifics :D

oh and how soon do you find out if you got the job!
um i already answered most of that in an early post in regards to the actual interview. its just like general questions about yourself. and testing what youre like with interacting with strangers, remember this is a job where you have to sell the products as well as yourself. people ahve to trust you as a person and your opinion so just be smiley and bubbly and yourself.

i wore jeans, havs, trendy (at the time lol) top and a jacket. and really funky jewellery and makeup. i dont care what anyone says but makeup shows you take care of yourself. im not much of a makeup person myself but for jobs i will wear it cos its showing you take pride in yourself and your appearance and generally means you will take pride in your work and keeping the store clean (all psychological things like taht)

but seriously its just cotton on. the interview was fun. enjoy yourself!! if youre not yourself, then like.. youre probably not the best person there for hte job. but thats ok. cos everyone is special in their own way :D:D:D

jebbie

HSC
BARBiExD0LL said:
Yeah I'd also like to know what questions are asked in the interview and what to wear...mine's on tomorrow and the lady told me to wear "smart casual, something you'd wear to work at Cotton On" which to me would be jeans and a nice top, but I've always been told never to wear jeans to an interview, no matter what sort of store it's for or what they usually wear to work. so i was thinking black pants, nice top and nice ballet flats...but i don't wanna wear that if everyone else will be in jeans.
um yeh most* people were in jeans :\

*and by most i mean all.. including the interviewerrrrrr

argh123

HSC
did anyone have an interview today? my friend was supposed to be at the mecure hotel in ultimo but she went there and the concierge said there arent any interviews scheduled today for Cotton on...

this is odd and i have an interview tomorrow sheduled at the same place:p

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
jebbie said:
my advice is to call them if they havent called you..

alot of people screen potentials by seeing who is eager/who will follow up/etc

also in the interview be relaxed, on time, and be yourself. but also seem really into cotton on clothes. even if youre not :/ i had never stepped inside a store and i was like, oh yeh the clothes are awesoommmme.

i was dodgy. dodgy dodgy. but i got the job :/
which number i should call?
The number that they called u when they screened u ?
OR the 1300 651 592 recruitment team?

jebbie

HSC
!! CaR`JiE !! said:
which number i should call?
The number that they called u when they screened u ?
OR the 1300 651 592 recruitment team?
um i dont know? whichever is logical.. i havent worked for them for over 6 months. i'm guessing the number they screened you with.

my interview was in some random place. but my training/orientation was at a hotel in ultimo but it wasnt the mecure hotel.

my advice. ring the day before to check, you'll know where it is and seem like youre onto it :D

bbmilo

HSC
gaaaah mines tomorrow tooo =X
gee. i hope i`m not the youngest =___=" thanks for the info jebbie!! ^^;;

jebbie

HSC
bbmilo said:
gaaaah mines tomorrow tooo =X
gee. i hope i`m not the youngest =___=" thanks for the info jebbie!! ^^;;
dont be spooked if there is older people.. i had people who are on holidays who normally live in europe who where well into their 20s and i was 17 and tehre were younger kids. i think the youngest was 15 or 16 but that was just my interview (of about 10 people so really not a good basis for all interviews that cotton on make)

not a problem. the best thing i could say is be yourself. otherwise you'll have to lie youre way through orientation and every shift, you wont enjoy yourself and so its pointless. theyre jsut judging how you react with people when youre nervous basically. because everytime youre tryign to make a sale you are meeting someone for the first time. so yeh.

relaxxxxxxx

*Minka*

HSC
Yeah I will call and follow up, but I sent the application on Friday afternoon, so I will give it a couple of days to be actually looked at etc.

bbmilo

HSC
oohh,, the groupii interviews were today and i wasn`t the youngest ^_______^
it was pretty fun =D gaaah``

dora_18

HSC
yup, mine was today as well...
how did you think you went?
considering they emphasised that like 100's of people applied im not getting my hopes up! i hate pitching myself to people as well...its like yes im reliable and i so totaly love the clothes and im soooo eager!

meh!

drunkontea

HSC
hey i got the job for cotton on, so i was wondering if any1's worked there b4? Just wanna kno how much they pay a 19yo casual.

bbmilo

HSC
haha dora!!! lol, i remember writing,, i should work at cotton on, coz i`m vibrant like the colors ROFL. =) and, so i got the job for cotton on kids w00ts XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)