could I trouble you for an opinion? =) (2 Viewers)

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
Ok, that came out wrong. My short story relies on irony.

What I meant was text is a bad way to convey sarcasm.

Example:

"Yeah, I had sex with a horse."

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
"But in a forum, would you write that? It looks dorky to speak about yourself in third person" said dasphoebus.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Write you are my chap. Let us note the melodic tones so* fa^ in our works.

*note after la
^ note after so. so what you say? well its all about MI

i thought someone on the last page referred to my name in the third person. hawt.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
yes it isn't

come on doesn't the scathing sarcasm suggest enough? :eek:

JuliaT

HSC
my theory goes, you write how you write best, and try to make it as 'different' or 'original' as possible so hopefully it'll stand out for the markers. of course there's the tact of making some fancy, PoMo shite, but if that does float your boat just do what you're confident with.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
pomo isn't sh*te

you're sh*te

it isn't fancy either. i always thought dystopian/utopian and existentialism as way more fancier =/

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
Hey, I'm doing dystopian.

Also Julia, stay on topic here... we've moved onto discussing the merits of sarcasm.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
JuliaT said:
my theory goes, you write how you write best, and try to make it as 'different' or 'original' as possible so hopefully it'll stand out for the markers. of course there's the tact of making some fancy, PoMo shite, but if that does float your boat just do what you're confident with.
:) Good. I'm not doing PoMo. Mine's just a nice, simple tale revolving around love and people.

The end.

HSC
True, a good story is my story. ;) lol. No post modern stuff here though, its just people, love and war.

I think we need an ironic smiley.

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
But, although I'm not encouraging it, post modernism (not the structural stuff), neo colonialism and relevant contextual issues can add a lot in terms of meaning to your story.

hurs

HSC
dave28 said:
agreeing with Jhakka...
isn't the whole point of doing english extension 2 to write something we're proud of & something that connects personally with us? if we just go for marks, sure we may get them, but in the end you're only cheating yourself...
No the point is to get marks. If we want to write something were proud of we shouln't be handing into post modern, uckwit HSC markers.

Use your brain

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
I think the idea that to get 50/50 you must write a post modern piece is a misconception. Post modernism (when done right) can be very effective. Don't think just changing the order of your story or adding authorial comment is going to make you get higher than somebody who writes a story well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)