Countdown Until Hand In (1 Viewer)

hjp.

HSC
i feel like somewhat of an intruder in this conversation, because i wrote a script, not a story
but theres no conversation going on in the "Scripts" forum so im being a massive sheep and jumping ship..

my script is done, i just need to tweak a few things here and there.
same with my RS

i cant believe its due on friday
after all this time, its strange
looking back on my work i hardly remember writing any of it
im not really that attached to it, i kind of hate it a bit. it has its moments, but yeah
i think it could have been better, its not funny at all, or witty or clever or anything
people tell me otherwise but my opinion will never change - im my own worst critic

does everyone attached to theres? or is there anybody out there who feels like me - indifferent towards it?
i sort of have a love/hate relationship with it..

Arsenic

Rogue Assassin
HSC
'The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference...' - Elie Wiesel.

And do not worry about the the script format. It is great for our ego that you prefer the perceived enemy.

It is quite good to view it with indifference. You will be able to see errors that exist, or do not exist if you are an award-winning pessimist, where others who are wearing the rose-coloured glasses of love will miss them. Keep at it.

I am indifferent too. The errors will see no mercy from me and I will enjoy their screams...

HSC
Arsenic said:
'The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference...' - Elie Wiesel.

And do not worry about the the script format. It is great for our ego that you prefer the perceived enemy.

It is quite good to view it with indifference. You will be able to see errors that exist, or do not exist if you are an award-winning pessimist, where others who are wearing the rose-coloured glasses of love will miss them. Keep at it.

I am indifferent too. The errors will see no mercy from me and I will enjoy their screams...
Gee your posts alone make my MajorWork seem like *tries to articulate something clever* ...umm ...crap

Hysterik

HSC
My teacher told me that my story is her favourite/most readable of the people in my class. There are four of us doing short stories. :shy:

stillwaters

HSC
^ awww... that's cool ^^
one of our ext eng 2 teacher made us stay 4 uniters stay behind after the 3 unit english trials and then after giving us a kinda scary pep talk i.e. the due date is this friday, anyone who hasn't given in reflection statements for us to check it would be advisable to do so... and then she slipped in this compliment to us all where she was like "both of us (the other teacher wasn't there) are, overall, pretty happy by the standard of your works"... yay!
i sort of have a love/ hate relationship with my work... actually, now i kinda feel abit indifferent to it... i have some massive reediting to do but now i have all the parts (after spending erm.. all last week going... i'm nearly done... all i need is the conclusion...) but there were many moments in the past where i couldn't stand it. now i think i will start to like it soon... i.e. when it is out of my life and i'll look back fondly and erase all those moments of stress and reading and redrafting and think... 4 unit was the best hsc unit of my life EVER (as you can see, my existence up till this point is not that exciting :p)

Hysterik

HSC
When I finally hand the damn thing in I'm going to run down the corridors screaming. The Year 7s in their maths classes will just have to deal with that... And then my mum and I are going for a hot chocolate. By god, I will have earned it.

Zippora

HSC
tuesday night... still writing the last 1000 words of my first draft
tomorrow ill do the reflection statement
thursday bibliography and journal
hahahahah.. not even kidding

HSC
Zippora said:
tuesday night... still writing the last 1000 words of my first draft
tomorrow ill do the reflection statement
thursday bibliography and journal
hahahahah.. not even kidding
lol that was my plan as well. Don't worry there are heaps of people out there, including some in my class that still have thousands upon thousands to write.

Hmm i wonder if anyone in the years before had started it the day before..

not.addie

HSC
kevinx2 said:
lol that was my plan as well. Don't worry there are heaps of people out there, including some in my class that still have thousands upon thousands to write.

Hmm i wonder if anyone in the years before had started it the day before..
I dont know about the day before, but my friend doing the course with me has started today? She just called saying she's done 3000 words...not bad for starting this morning i guess

Hysterik

HSC
^ I agree. When I printed it off, I was like, Holy crap, I wrote this??

I handed in both my final drafts today and I'm sitting anxiously at the computer waiting for my teacher to send it back. I only wrote the last 300 words tuesday night but the rest has been quite frantically edited.

Arsenic

Rogue Assassin
HSC
You don't think the markers will notice an extra 1700 words? They are not so brainless.

Why are some students handing their work in early?

kevinx2 said:
Gee your posts alone make my MajorWork seem like *tries to articulate something clever* ...umm ...crap
Aw shucks.

not.addie

HSC
Is anyone else's mentor a butcher?
Like you hand in a three thousand work extract and it comes back; abused and beaten with just four words?

Lachlandavis

HSC
Lol my origional story had an abundance of words, but then my teachers told me it was crap. So i had to go with a new story, it only just made it over the 6000

not.addie

HSC
hahaha yeah and i love how my mentor says 'it's good' only to find scribble!!!
Yep, the scribble was quite artistic.
But it really does get your self esteem down, which sucks.

Createur

HSC
I had the total opposite with my story. I'd hand it to my teacher and it'd come back blank except for 'good'. Which sucks for me because I run on criticism, as weird as that may sound.

not.addie

HSC
Ahh really? Well it could probably mean that your teacher was lazy, its probably because your work really was good.
I changed my mind so many times, that all the excerpts that I had written throughout the year weren't even included. haha

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
In terms of shortening a reflection statement:

1. Write it.
2. Word Count it.
3. Work out what percentage can stay.
4. Use the Summary function in Word (if you are using word) and ask it to shorten it to that percentage.

Summary function then highlights stuff that is superfluous and repetitive and can really help you crystallise an essay. Believe me, it is a great tool and I used it extensively when shortening 3000 word essays at Uni that were 6000 words!!! It was brilliant and really helped me cut out the fluff.

Hope that helps.

not.addie

HSC
alcalder said:
In terms of shortening a reflection statement:

1. Write it.
2. Word Count it.
3. Work out what percentage can stay.
4. Use the Summary function in Word (if you are using word) and ask it to shorten it to that percentage.

Summary function then highlights stuff that is superfluous and repetitive and can really help you crystallise an essay. Believe me, it is a great tool and I used it extensively when shortening 3000 word essays at Uni that were 6000 words!!! It was brilliant and really helped me cut out the fluff.

Hope that helps.
holy crap! i never knew that even existed!!!

i was wondering though, did anyone drop the F- Bomb in their major works? Or were we not allowed to include any swearing in it? cause there were so many times when i was tempted to, but i just decided to censor it and replace it with a 'piss of'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)