Countdown Until Hand In (1 Viewer)

chopsticks0209

HSC
by the way, another thing about the journal.

i know it's not marked or anything, but what happens if you pretty much didn't write anything in it ...

even though it's not marked, it's used for reference right? so what happens if they ask for your journal and it's in complete shambles with no means of backing up what you've written and researched? [if wiki is basically your 'research']

it's instant failure isn't it.

sigh. :(

yay for 1/50 in that case. [the 1 mark would just be for actually submitting it in probably. just to spite you.]

HSC
^ Wow chopsticks you just described exactly the situation i was in and my journal is pretty much the same as yours, pretty much all wiki as my "research" - just printed off a bunch of wiki pages, changed the font around so it looked like different sources... *sigh*

I don't think it's instant failure, i don't even think you'll lose marks...unless, there are things in your work that would need your journal to refer to, but if your work/reflection was decent enough (not to decent that they think you had someone else do it) then they probably even touch your journal.

urgh ignore the incoherent sentence structure/word choices/punctuation if there is any...been writing too muhc :(

ital101

HSC
Good luck 08ers with EE2. A lot of you seem to have left it to the last minute, too bad I guess. Anyway hope you had fun, now it's due in so it's too late to change it for most of you. Anyhow, looking forward to seeing some of you in the Board of Studies 2008 "Young Writers" Compilation. It would be great if some of your works were deemed 'exemplary' 50/50, or 'outstanding', receiving Band E4's.

Good luck! :D

not.addie

HSC
chopsticks0209 said:
wow ..

i sympathise will the people who did all nighters, i did as well with my friend.

it was so incredibly frustrating, because i think at my school the teachers were completely biased. i ended up getting the least marks because i wasn't as tight with the teachers marking it. they helped all the other people and i was too scared to go and ask them for help because i had a nasty feeling they would shoot me down.

about two days before we had to hand it in, i got one of the teachers to mark what i've done. when i got it back there was nothing written on it but she basically told me to 'check carefully.'

CHECK CAREFULLY?! CHECK WHAT?! :mad:

so i gave it in to her, with my journal like it just came out of a bullfight, same with the RS and the MW that i have a nasty feeling i left something in brackets which i was supposed to change. plus my teacher was like 'oh, you've finished it? congratulations!' and shook my hand. my ASS considering that i've only seen her like TWICE the whole year, minus the viva voce which i majorly F*CKED UP because i didn't talk to them about anything i was working on.

don't you just hate it when people come up to you and go 'how did you go?' when they've literally finished it about 2 months ago =___= makes you want to BURN something.

dont worry about the teachers! i know thats a cliched thing to say but seriously they can be really dodgy; they are so biased and prejudiced at my school. sometimes i wonder why they dont try to be a bit less obvious.

when i handed my work in for my teacher to mark, it was always, always butchered. if a sentence was longer than six words, it got butchered down to three. i was like 'oh my writing is really shit' but i got really fed up one day, so i got this book that got the nobel prize for being one of the best written books [The Bridge on the Drina] , and just gave her the first page to see what she would do with it. i laughed my ass off when i saw red marks and words being crossed out everywhere....
loll so i really stopped caring.

and about doing it last minute, meh when i look back on it, it was fun. my whole class pulled an all nighter, and that just wouldnt have been possible if we finished it two months ago :p and two months ago none of us had even started.....

emo-kid-91

Cheer me up?
HSC
i'm one of those people who did, like, a bazillion drafts of the MW itself - but i'm also one of the ones who was ripping their hair out over the RS the night before i had to hand it in. ahhh, life.

there was one girl in my class who i spent basically the wednesday and thursday nights helping. maybe i shouldn't have - i'd have had an even higher mark than her lol. i guess i'm just too nice. ;)

Jezzakar

HSC
I am EVER SO HAPPY that its over. I wasn't on as crazy suicide watch as I thought I would be, probably because it was so good to finally have it over. Don't get me wrong, I had incredible nerves, and I still can't think about it for more than 5 seconds but I am so so SO glad its over. I woke up the weekend after going "oh yer, today I should probably edit my major work or something OH WAIT!!!!!!" best feeling ever. That's officially one less subject to stress about in the hsc because it took up the majority of my time.
As for the specific moment the night before that I realised I had everything done, I have never been so excited in my life. I'm a dancer, and yet the dancing I was doing was something that should never be mentioned again. And the happy little screams. I drove to my boyfriend's house singing to songs that weren't playing and punctuating them with realisations "I NEVER HAVE TO DO EXTENSION TWO AGAIN!!!"
oh the joys of extension two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)