course admission inconsistancies PLEASE HELP (1 Viewer)

55746187max

HSC
ok, early last year, we had a careers expo at our school, where reps from various unis handed out brochures, gave advice etc

from reading the brochures from uni's (i'll use university of sydney as an example), many of the courses i wanted to do were quite high. in that brochure, example: Usyd stipulates a UAI requirement of 94.95 to get into commerce.

however...

when looking at the pdf adobe document for domestic fee-paying uni's main round offers, i was bemused to find that the requirement for that paticular course was now 89.95

it seems also that for every course i saw in the brochures, between 2 and 5 UAI marks had been shaved off

can someone please clarify this situation for me?

it would be much appreciated

heres the link for the pdf:
http://www.uac.edu.au/pdf/2007_uai_coffs_dfee_main.pdf

smackattack

Banned
HSC
domestic fee paying is 5 points lower, 94.95 is the cs place

jackattack

HSC
N/A
DFEE is always lower, it's so the rich kids with no braincells but a large trust fund can "catch a break".

It just means that rather than using HECS to pay off your uni fees, you pay it all upfront.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Seems as if the brochure you recieved listed the UAI's required for a commonwealth supported place (CSP), as opposed to the DFEE place, where you would have to pay more to get in, but the UAI required is lowered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)