Course Preferences, what do I do? (1 Viewer)

RIP3U

HSC
N/A
Alright, so the course I am aiming for is Comm/Law, however I did not make the atar-cutoff (achieved low 99s).

My current preferences are:
1) Comm/Law @ UNSW
2) Comm/Law @ USYD
3) Comm @ UNSW

Would this be the smartest way to approach the course preferences, although the most likely outcome is doing Commerce the first year, then transferring internally.

That's why I was also considering this alternative:

1) Comm @ UNSW
2) Comm/Law @ UNSW
3) Comm/Law @ USYD

This essentially provides security for my placement into Commerce, however am I disadvantaged by choosing Option 1 as opposed to Option 2?

Is it a risk having Comm/Law as a higher preference? Would this cause other people (with lower ATARs) with Commerce as their first preference to fill up the spots and thereby leave me without an offer since my Commerce is my 3rd preference? Or would I have an equal chance getting into Commerce (Preference 3) compared to a person with a lower ATAR with Commerce as Preference 1?

tyzzefloro

HSC
Stay at your current preferences. Your prefs are never placed against anyone elses. You won't be disadvantaged by putting commerce 3rd. And Preferences don't impact upon your eligibility for a course. You will get into commerce for sure, ur atar is fantastic. You never know you could get into law :)

CTon

HSC
Your preferences are already locked for the main round since midnight last night.

CTon

HSC
Wrong. People have called UAC today and it actually closes tonight. I don't know why they don't clear this up.
Lucky for you then. They were peddling the January 6 due date until a few weeks ago since I last finalised mine.

Why are you leaving it so late then anyway? Seems a little risky...

Anyway just order your preferences in the order you actually want to do them. That is the best insurance policy really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)