Courses by correspondence? (1 Viewer)

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
fatalkaiser said:
Well, im doing my hsc next year, and this year in yr 11 i did chemistry, but because everyone except me dropped out im the only one continuing it next year. Now the school says if i want to continue doing it for the hsc i have to do it by correspondance. I dont really have much of a clue whats going on, can they do that halfway through a course? One of my teachers said i should kick up a stink about it and contact teachers unions or something like that, but i really have no idea. Does anyone have any advice?
That is a really stupid and pathetic excuse not to teach one student doing a certain course just because everyone else dropped out! I personally think your chemistry teacher is just lazy! :p haha
I also think that is sooo wrong because your halfway through the course and all of a sudden starting it again at another school. Because you have to take into consideration that the correspondence course for chemistry might be doing something different from what you are currently doing at school atm (ie. your elective). I really think you should listen to one of your teacher's advice and talk to one of the teachers unions or even to the board of studies about this matter.

I also do a course by correspondence (Music 2) and Im finding it pretty difficult to keep up with the work because the given time is really flexible and you just do it whenever you like and so it is really easy to fall behind because you have to also juggle your other school work as well. So if you are considering doing this course through correspondence be aware with what you will be faced with! :)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
i do PDHPE through distance ed.
im a week behind, and its so hard to catch up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)