Cover Song appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
When they are done well, I love cover songs more than life itself.

Atm just listening to the bbc radio 1 albums. I haven't listened to all yet, but Jamelia's 'numb', Franz 'what you waiting for', lemar's 'I believe in a thing called Love', 'How come' by Embrace, and 'crazy' done by the Kooks are all pretty win.

Other victory songs are: 'running up that hill' (kate bush) by placebo, Richard Cheese's everything, 'don't fear the reaper' - nick cave, 'i put a spell on you' - nick cave, 'spin me round', ''sweet dreams', 'tainted love' - marilyn manson

-- I know there's another thrad about this maybe or something.

ITT - post

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I like APC's cover of 'Imagine'. I know it's not better than the original... but it's a good song in it's own right, it's got a much darker sound. KSE's cover of Dio's holy diver is pretty good. Metallica does a decent cover of Bob Seger's 'turn the page', though they do kinda taint the whole message of the original song in an odd way (if u see the video clip) that doesn't seem to fit with the lyrics at all.

Last edited:

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
Yeah truth, I love it when they bring a whole dark edge to it (see: nick cave's 'I put a spell on you' and 'tainted love' by marilyn manson'). And conversly, Embrace does the cover of D12's 'How Come' which is pretty... mellow, compared to D12's version.

HSC
jimi hendrix - all along the watchtower
primal scream - slip inside this house
ramones - baby, i love you
the beatles - you really got a hold on me

and also alot of the covers metallica have done, particularly turn the page and whiskey in the jar (which u2 also do a particularly good cover of)

Beege

HSC
Rage Against The Machine - Renegades Of Funk
Jeff Buckley - Halleluhah
Muse - Feeling Good

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
Speaking of Tainted Love covers, I think the only one I like of what I've heard is Coil's

Russdog

russell
HSC
any ratm hiphop cover (how i could just kill a man, renegades of funk, pistol grip pump, etc)

superstition, whole lotta love, strawberry fields forever - ben harper

stevie ray vaughan versions of voodoo chile and little wing

higher ground - chili peppers

Legham

HSC
Dungeon Elite - This is a cover of the darkest nights (As i lay dying - the darkest nights)
Children Of Bodom - Shot In the Dark, Aces High, Oops i did it again, The Final Countdown, The Trooper (by Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, Britney Spears, Europe, Iron Maiden in that order)
Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Metallica's Sabbra Cadabra, Turn the Page, Helpless, Whiskey in the Jar, Astronomy and It's Electric. And the chord progression from the Mercyful Fate medly (not a big fan of the lyrics).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)