Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Just saw a post. Medical staff with hazmat suits spraying in a Unsw library. 👀

Polish Aussie

HSC
Just saw a post. Medical staff with hazmat suits spraying in a Unsw library. 👀
Whoah, shit's getting real.

I totally get that schools should be shut down to stop the spread of the virus. On a personal level, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I am glad to prevent the spread of the virus, and at the same time, if schools close next week it will be right in the middle of assessment period so our Maths Advanced test would be postponed (woo-hoo!). On the other hand, I feel it might be a disadvantage to learning content for prelim/HSC courses, especially as there is so much that can be covered within two weeks. Thankfully, our school has a good platform already in place for online learning, but I don't know how much onus I can place on myself, or on behalf of other people, to actually focus on doing work.

Constantine

HSC
but university will be proceeding as normal, right?
University will indeed proceed as normal for now. With confirmed cases at USyd and UNSW, I am sure there are cases in UTS, Macquarie etc. They are just currently undetected. I can't believe they are advising schools and universities to continue, it is like the government is just waiting for this to blow up to the point of no return before finally doing something about it. It is not just about responding to the current situation but taking extra precautions to stop it from getting worse.

dasfas

HSC
My lectures and quizzes have been cancelled. Big announcements coming soon apparently

Time&moretime

HSC
My lectures and quizzes have been cancelled. Big announcements coming soon apparently
Is this Queensland University?
My friend who attends a regional high school had his assessments brought forward by a fortnight. Chaos at the school at the moment as students are scrambling to prepare for these assessments.
Tis true a student from the UNSW Business School was diagnosed with the virus. 😟

yooook

HSC
I’m retired now but still involved in tne current syllabus . If schools are closed I’m happy to run English classes or English discussions at Ryde library.
Thankyou Sir

yooook

HSC
People are starting to panic literally everything is empty in shops: toilet paper, hand sanitizer, coffee, oil, nappies, wipes, paper towels, meats, spam, all canned foods, soap, cleaning products, hygiene products, paracetamol, and now just today people are fucking panicking over minced meat.
white ppl am i right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)