COVID-19 and school closures (1 Viewer)

yooook

HSC
Idk, just stating something wh know is true lol, dont know anything with scomo

Xardous

HSC
Every school is probably starting to accommodate online teaching but whether or not schools will shut down is a different matter all-together, at this point everyone just wants schools to shut down, everyone has different answers to whether or not schools will shut down, but if they don't students (and some parents) will be pissed.

yooook

HSC
lol the thread I just created got added to a different one

aidin

HSC
Anyone else getting really anxious about the fact they may close schools in light of the COVID-19 pandemic?

studiesofboard

HSC
Due to the coronavirus the UK had their atar predicted based on their overall achievements Would this happen to us? kinda hoping it does not.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Due to the coronavirus the UK had their atar predicted based on their overall achievements Would this happen to us? kinda hoping it does not.
The honest answer at the moment no one knows, because we don't know how long it will go for. Also, it is not like anything like this has happened in the past so even for teachers and stuff they are trying to respond on the spot so they don't have all the answers at the moment. However, most likely there will be some form of exams they will probably think of something by then seeing HSC is months away.

Maurice69

HSC
I’ve been stressing recently seeing as the British A Levels got cancelled that the HSC might also get cancelled. What do you guys think?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I’ve been stressing recently seeing as the British A Levels got cancelled that the HSC might also get cancelled. What do you guys think?
As far as I've seen HSC is not being cancelled but the exam dates may be delayed.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
At my school people can choose to hand in a form to not do the exam/s while those who attend school will sit assessments as normal.

You don't have to be sick or anything to hand in a form, how does this even make sense?

How do the marks work? How does ranking work? Why even do a test if not everyone will do it? Will those who don't do it now have to do it later? How can some people do the test, find out what the questions are, tell other ppl and have it be considered a fair test? (these are questions that no one can answer for me)

I just don't understand how tf the prime minister says schools should be open while the premier tells everyone to stay at home... Schools should either be operating normally or not at all for Y12, maybe at least stop assessments or something. I understand ppl want school to babysit their children but I just don't see how we can have a fair HSC given the current situation.

_rakelt

HSC
I'm seeing sources that are saying NESA might use your prelim marks? And I'm also seeing another view that NESA might cut down topics? :/ Not sure tbh

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
What do you guys think of the current situation and what do u think will happen to year 12 students?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)