Craft of Writing (1 Viewer)

GoldenMelon

HSC
Just wondering how much preparation everyone has done for English Adv Mod C? Like how many pieces of discursive, creatives, reflections etc has everyone done so far?

Greninja340

HSC
Just wondering how much preparation everyone has done for English Adv Mod C? Like how many pieces of discursive, creatives, reflections etc has everyone done so far?
2 edited and refined creatives + 2 reflections for both and then also 1 half reflection for discursive (only analysis on the prescribed text will need to come up with my own piece + the relevant bits on the reflection on the day) my plan is to have 2 really good creatives which cover a wide range of themes and can answer as many different types of questions and then the discursive will be my back up incase i cant adapt my creative to the questions.

uniqueusername1

HSC
one persuasive (with reflection). Either it will help or i will improvise.
ur insane lol. Thats the hardest to adapt. My senses are indicating that there is a 99% chance you'll be improvising unless you have some broad as persuasive which is hard to do. Do a broad creative perhaps.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
ur insane lol. Thats the hardest to adapt. My senses are indicating that there is a 99% chance you'll be improvising unless you have some broad as persuasive which is hard to do. Do a broad creative perhaps.
nah I really don't think they'll do a forced creative since that was last year

GoldenMelon

HSC
one persuasive (with reflection). Either it will help or i will improvise.
My teacher thinks that persuasive and informative probably won’t get asked since they are a bit too easy for English Advanced lol. But it’s still good to have one prepared.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
My teacher thinks that persuasive and informative probably won’t get asked since they are a bit too easy for English Advanced lol. But it’s still good to have one prepared.
Well, i was thinking that they'll probably just let us choose as they usually do. In the unlikely event they make it a discursive, i'll just make my persuasive less argumentative. From the way i see it, they can be pretty interchangeable if you make the right tweaks

GoldenMelon

HSC
Well, i was thinking that they'll probably just let us choose as they usually do. In the unlikely event they make it a discursive, i'll just make my persuasive less argumentative. From the way i see it, they can be pretty interchangeable if you make the right tweaks
Yeah I guess that’s true lol. But I would choose creative over discursive any day haha. Hopefully we get a choice this year.

zizi2003_

HSC
I think most people will find discursives to be harder than creatives lol. The thing with discursives is that you really gotta know what your talking about and on top of that you have to throw in some fancy language techniques and a couple of literary and cultural references as well. People who are wide readers may find this to not be so challenging, but if you are not wide read (like me lmao) then you might find it hard to write discursives, especially if you are trying to make literary and cultural references.
yeah true true,
same applies to persuasives tbh, as you need to have in-depth knowledge on your topic before you convince someone else

zizi2003_

HSC
bro discursives are just bread and butter. You just go on about random shit lol. The only thing I can do on the spot. In stark contrast, creatives = blank mind.
YES OML
like im sorry, idk how to come up with B6 level imagery and description for a creative in an exam pressured situation

uniqueusername1

HSC
YES OML
like im sorry, idk how to come up with B6 level imagery and description for a creative in an exam pressured situation
Aye exactly. Partially the reason for my mind blanks is that teachers expect it to be some fkin george orwell level shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)