crammin (1 Viewer)

bambii

HSC
crammin 4 chem tommorrow any tips???? :)

ZZZZZZ

HSC
i've got chem covered, PDHPE on the other hand.....are yu having a chem prac 2morow

ZZZZZZ

HSC
i had mine yersterday,, it was surprisingly easy, but i dont think the prac tomorrow is goin to be the same

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
you cant cram for chem unless uve got awesome notes.... cramming notes are summaries of summaries that uve already made, so if u dont have those notes then you'll just have to cram another way..... don't think that sitting out the front of the exam hall minutes before the exam with a chem contexts book in ur hand will get u 100%. i've seen it done for the HSC.... not good news at all.

bambii

HSC
yeh i know :( i had notes done in the holidays i was going to summarise them over and over as i learnt them but them something came up presonal thing (i had no control over) and it threw me off my plan now i gotta make the best out of what i got

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
thats alright then, if you have no time to rewrite go through what you do have with a highlighter... highlight the major points and concepts.

then go through them all again with a pen and underline the major points BUT lower the number of words that u underline.... keep the underlining just to essential sentences and concepts.

then once uve done that, if uve got time go through and do past papers. i cant stress enough how critical it is that you practise exam technique and practise writing answers correctly according to the verbs (ie assess, evaluate, compare and contrast etc)

they only way i was able to finish Chem last year succesfully was by doing all those things. good luck! :D

bambii

HSC
thank u soooooooo much u have no idea how much i needed that advice and dw lol i'l be properly prepared for hsc ;)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Also try to find a quiet place with nothing around that will distract you from your study/cramming. It should help you concentrate and remember the info that you're forcing into your brain.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I find that cramming is pretty benefital(not the night before!) as it allow you to keep information fresh in your head.

Like i studied a lot for business studies in the holidays, but when it came to a few days to the exam, i found out that i forget quite a number of things. Hence, i had to re-read my notes and rewrite my notes about some major areas again. Consequently i remembered everything clearly and exactly.

Modern, i can cram on the day though heh :D

Last edited:

sinist4

HSC
Cramming is tha BOMB... really save me todai... but before this was the daunting task of reading through 80 pages of biology summary notes in the early hours of this morning LOL

but CRAMMING rulez!!!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol i crammed for bio last night...spent 5 hours making summaries under every frickin dot point...i did it in the holidays but then i accidentally threw out the notes when i cleaned my room :eek: *moron* it was surprisingly effective cramming though, normally i have to take that 'steady' study approach weeks before to get anywhere. with bio though i think as long as you're making your (detailed!) summary notes under the specific dot points, and you're able to remember it, then you'll be fine coz they cant ask you anything not under those points.
chem might be a different matter, i dont know. cramming doesnt work for everyone but when u have to, u have to...and its surprising how much you can actually remember when you have the exam threat looming...its like your brain is suddenly going 'shit, shit...' and actually starts making an effort to retain the info...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
wm_abusef said:
you cant cram for chem unless uve got awesome notes.... cramming notes are summaries of summaries that uve already made, so if u dont have those notes then you'll just have to cram another way..... don't think that sitting out the front of the exam hall minutes before the exam with a chem contexts book in ur hand will get u 100%. i've seen it done for the HSC.... not good news at all.
hehe .. kinda worked for physics i had today XD

had my jacaranda text book, just readthe summaries at the end of each topic ^.^
really helpful, though i didn't end up reading sum of the stuff in the exam .. sooo i just made some stuff up :)

gotta give me credit for trying! lol

bambii

HSC
did my exam :) i think i did pretty go0d not many things that i didnt know n i felt more confident bout how i went than most of my class ...thx 4 the help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)