• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CRAMMING... does it work for the REAL hsc? (1 Viewer)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
yeah the shit i study on the bus in the morning before an exam is almost ALWAYS on it... at least one question ends up being on something that i had no idea about/didnt understand until that bus trip...
speaking of cramming... i have a business assessment due on monday which all i have done is typed the questions up ready to do it tomorrow... i guess tomorrow calls for a whole day worth of work... im just not in work mode since after trials and im not giving a shit...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah the stuff i do just at the last minute, or that i look over just ar the last min, or anything extra i do it ALWAYS in it

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yes, cramming works. I used an excel study guide and rocked up on exam morning outside the school hall at 7am and crammed in my car until the exam, and I still managed to get an ok mark.

If you know you can cram well do it, but if you don't have anything to back up your claim like an impressive history, you should just study properly. Although theres nothing better than learning the stuff properly in the first place. Oh and reading the Lord of The Rings during Stuvac, makes it a quick couple of weeks before exams.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i suck at cramming, so i guess i have to do it the hard wa... eh what... its too late... oh fuck. so yeh cram.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Cramming is effective if you know how to do it properly :p

You gotta learn to leave out/skim stuff that you know won't be important...

It works for me 70% of the time :D

Sammmmmuel

i only know how to cram (not how to study)... its the only way to go! Its so easy with notes on chem and phys already written on the internet, now all u need to do i get a syllabus and write the notes for each dot point and then its learned.

Leanne

HSC
well i think i work best under pressure too....knowing that i have a few weeks until the hsc still make me feel like i shouldnt start studying yet...dont think that i've ever started studying so soon! i'll probably still end up cramming a night or two b4!

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
cramming is amazing

i do jack all throughout the year, cram like crazy just before the exam and completely amaze myself.... i dont get top marks but im up there and im semi happy...can be better if i worked easier :)

people keep asking me how i do it...cause i sit there in class all day and not write a single word but still get the results heheh

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i cram as well....and the funny thing is every single time i forget the info the day after the exams...it never stays long term....just enough 4 me to get thru the exams.:D

i'm gonna try a cramming experiment in sdd this year...its my extra 2u (so it wouldn't count) but just for the sake of it i just wanna cram and c how much i can get... and maybe piss ppl, who took it seriously thru the whole year.:D

1 more

fructis
HSC
I am a habitual crammer and it has always worked for me. I like to think of it as just another studying method that suits a certain type of person. (A disorganized, chaotic, absurd, irrational and eleventh-hour type of person comes to mind.)
However there is nothing more annoying than the arrogant crammer but just as a footnote *I* started studying at 11:30pm for Modern History HSC 2002, crammed right throughout a sleepless night/morning, and I did v. well. ;)

Cody

HSC
N/A
cramming has gotten me through year twelve so far and I agree, I cannot remember a thing the next day. The only downside is that for the HSC I know have to sit down and re-learn everythng after the trials

HSC
N/A
I find getting up at 5:00 in the morning on the day of the exam to do some cramming very effective!! or maybe its just my nerves cause I always think that I'll forget everything after a night's sleep!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)