• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CRAMMING... does it work for the REAL hsc? (1 Viewer)

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
hey guys i am a constant crammer... i just cant motivate myself to actually study b4 the night of an exam! and im really scared that im too complacent and ill end up doing it for the realy thing... for trials i didnt study for ne exam untill the night b4 and i came 1st for all of my subjects xecept 1! i know i cant believe it... i guess im just a really lucky bludger and im tempted 2 do it for the realy hsc because if i get the same marks as i did in my trails i will be stoked

wat i wanna know is, r there ne of u last year who didnt study untill the night b4 and still ended up with a decent UAI?

Its my belief that cramming is the only way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
let's put it this way: the dUx of sydney boys' high, guaranteed of UAI 100 (pigs, you know who you are!), crams like crazy: he takes super efficient and detailed notes in class, copies out the textbook and then before the exam he just crams all of that... so yeah, pigs_can_fly is my hero!

is a roflcopter
HSC
cramming is good
dont let anyone tell you otherwise
just like how you have 3 arms

Winston

HSC
i noticed for myself, studying before hand doesnt quite help a night b4 hand forces u to understand sumfing in point blank of a second, it did for me, and yeah i fink cramming works on a few ppl only, not all,

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
It may work, but it's not worth the risk of failing. Luck can't be guaranteed.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
it really depends on the person, i guess...
i can't cram as well as others can, but i do work much better under pressure, bceause i'm such a procrastinator :p

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i never study a night b4 an exam!!! so i think there's nothing to worry abt.....instead studying a night b4 proves dat u haven't completed ur work on time......so i reckon a night b4 n exam one shud just relax......
well , it cud be differrent for some ppl!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i have friends, one of whom is a physiotherapist, and the other is an occupational therapist (both uai cutoffs (now) of over 90 (at newcastle anyway) and they both said their entire hsc was based on a night or two before study
and another friend who is at uni now did NO study at all, only the night before each exam and got about 85

so it can work...but the best method is always constant revision..but i guess cramming is better than nothing ;)

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
cramming i find for me is so convienant..
i studied heaps for religion 2U cause i needed to be outright 1st and i got 96
meanwhile for a subject like bio i studied an hour maybe a bit more than that in the morning b4 exams and i got 96.5
wats with that?!?!?1
cramming is great..but like it was said b4 i assume it is different for everyone..i find it good cause i got notes on it ..just memorise then and ur set..heh

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
It may work, but it's not worth the risk of failing. Luck can't be guaranteed.
yeah, cramming makes me nervous
i like 2 know things back 2 front, i hope i dont get my self in the situation of cramming b4 the hsc

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
don't cram. you'll be kicking yourself when you get your marks back and they were -most likely- less than what you expected :/

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
if you do well after a cram session then you would feel pissed thinking that "if i crammed and got this mark, i wonder what i would of got if i didn't cram"

but how would you people define cramming anyway ?

just reading all the notes/dot points as fast as possible, trying to get the best from it and going into the exam and hoping for the best?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
but how would you people define cramming anyway ?
Seeing the material for essentially the first time, and memorisin' or absorbin' or whatever so you can reproduce it very soon after.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by imsooverskool
hey guys i am a constant crammer... i just cant motivate myself to actually study b4 the night of an exam! and im really scared that im too complacent and ill end up doing it for the realy thing... for trials i didnt study for ne exam untill the night b4 and i came 1st for all of my subjects xecept 1! i know i cant believe it... i guess im just a really lucky bludger and im tempted 2 do it for the realy hsc because if i get the same marks as i did in my trails i will be stoked

wat i wanna know is, r there ne of u last year who didnt study untill the night b4 and still ended up with a decent UAI?

Its my belief that cramming is the only way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

in one word

yes

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
cramming makes me stress so consequently it makes me learn more... i work best under pressure so its perfect for me... i usually go worse in exams if i dont cram ie my year11 end of yearlies... CRAM its great

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
i cram all my tests and assesssments r done in the lsat minute. always.

And I've done really crapily, so the msg is you have to be smart to be able to get away with cramming.
So, the best thing to do is to pretend you have a test to do and cram constantly hhaha and do practise exams, and don't believe what people say about not studying day before or seconds before exam, look over it the night before and everything to make sure you remember it.

Anyway, i dunno if this is good advice, because I never studied before, cause im a dumbass. But it still sounds good to me and it's going to be what i'm doing. well, what i hope to do anyway~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)