Creative Piece For Genre? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Did anyone else think that the creative piece was a bit left field? I mean it wasnt totally screwed, but you get where i'm coming from. Post how u tihnk it was?

Rand

Hahaha
That was a terrible question... :)
I rushed my essay coz I did that first...
Got in bout 19 pages for the essay, and I came to the character creative writing.

I had nothing to write about!!!!!
Nothing I tells ya!

I had bout 20 mins at the end after writing 12 pages for the creative where I went back and underlined my texts...

Plus I think I even did it wrong.

I was Ishmael Chambers, and I made reference to The Big Sleep coz I had an inherint love of reading, so I thought that Marlowe was the basis that Guterson used as the basis for Ishmael...

For some reason, I half anaysed The Big Sleep coz I didnt have a fukin clue what else to do !

FAAAARK!!!!! :(

bails

Yeah this q was alright, i used amy from high noon in a diary entry. i spent like 1 hr 10 on the essay then 20 on this and left, there was no more for me to do!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i used ishmael from snow falling on cedars

yeah left field but not totally screwed

smeyo

yeah not totally screwed but still bad enough, ran out of things to talk about after 3 pages and went on bout crap for another 4, oh well.....the markers will have the odd thing of marking it cause it wont test that much knowledge, more opinion which i guess is important too, to see if we can explain and prove our opinion in a logical way, or something like that

smeyo

forgot to say what i did, i did phillip marlowe and how Hawkes had him it two frames of mind from materialistic to moral restoring and then made adjustments to say how Marlowe could be fully moral orientated to fix the disaffection with humanity of the 40's

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah its going to be very varied for the markers cos it was very much left open to interpretation...

wog10

whoa good stuff
i did geiger from big sleep yeah the dead man how he shoud had a more involvement in the film since his central to the plot and i said that hes not a homo lol

kazerati

yeh, how bout that ey?!?!?!?!

hmm.. im thinkin that i did not do so well..
i was Vivien Rutelidge from TBS, n i think i did more analysing and expressing of my opinion than actually describing wat any of it had to do with conventions.. ah, well. it over now, and i shall[hopefully] never have to analyse a text as indepth as skool ever again..

all the best for everyones futures!

smeyo

but analysing is in everything we do, in some way or sort, or the problem is we just cant help but try and analyse now that we are used of it....part of our human instinct

Inca

I was Phillip Marlowe, mostly so I could write 'dames'. :)
I had trouble remembering I was a 40's guy, but it was cool, and I wrote like I was a real detective and Chandler had made me a character in his books, and hawks had appropriated one of those books.
I thought it was a strange question at first, when I looked at it, but once I started writing it was pretty fun.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
'You've stolen my character!'
Write in the perspective of a central characters in one of your set texts about how you think the composer has manipulated your character. Draw on your knowledge and understandings of the conventions of genre.

Not the exact wording, but along those lines...

sugared plum

HSC
I didn't think this was such a bad question but I fucked it up by misreading the question. So I wrote about a made up character.
I was about to start my second booklet, when I looked at the question again, and realised how HIDEOUSLY wrong I was.
So I had to do a creative response in 15 minutes. (I was also overtime already after doing half a post modernism essay - I then changed to crime fiction because I couldnt do the creative for that...)
That was the worst exam ever. I think I will be lucky to pass.

Wiggum

I really didn't like the question at all. It really caught quite a few people out with the structure of the creative. I wrote about Marlowe as well. I just told about how some scenes could have been changed to conform to conventions since Hawks subverted the whole genre esp. with the relationship between Bogart and Bacall and basically i had the point of view that the movie should stick as accurately to the original novel.

Well that was my rant anyway...

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Eh I did Cordelia Gray from Skull, because I hate her and would have changed so much about her. Like the half-arsed attempts to make her seem human when, imho as her, I thought it basically ended up being an entirely plot driven novel.

Actually, I basically just whinged for ten pages...

arls

Originally posted by sugared plum
I didn't think this was such a bad question but I fucked it up by misreading the question. So I wrote about a made up character.
I was about to start my second booklet, when I looked at the question again, and realised how HIDEOUSLY wrong I was.
So I had to do a creative response in 15 minutes. (I was also overtime already after doing half a post modernism essay - I then changed to crime fiction because I couldnt do the creative for that...)
That was the worst exam ever. I think I will be lucky to pass.
he im with you... except at least you changed your mistake! I misread the creative writing bit that said "prescribed text' so my whole creative writing piece is based around a fictional character who was misrepreseented.. i only realised after when i was telling every1 about how much i loved the creative question and explaining waht i wrote that i realised what the question really was.... i was so pissed cause my piece was SO good. i started off with the reflection, and then expressed how i would have filmed the first 3 scenes in the proper film script format.... my story was so creative and i woulda pulled in top marks.. but it wasnt answering the question..

im fucked. i dont know if i can even pass if i didnt even mention the prescribed text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)