Creative Piece For Genre? (1 Viewer)

Wiggum

I've actually heard of people doing a different elective and getting away with it. But that's for advanced. Yeah i agree with Ms, why did you start doing it when you're prescribed is the CF genre? Unless you knew it better than CF...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah there were times when I considered studying different texts to what we were doing in class, but realised Id still have to do the in-class assessments on the texts the class was doing so I decided against it...

Slats4ever

I thought it was alright. It was so scary during reading time, I was like WTF?!?!?!?! and then looked at sugared plum she seemed to have a good grasp and then i got scared.
I wrote about Cordelia and how hopeless she is! I :chainsaw: her to bits.

sugared plum

HSC
I started doing pomo because last night I managed to convince myself I didn't know anything about crime ficiton. My teacher is not overly competent (the only crime ficiton she's ever read are the prescribed texts).
When I got to the exam, I was like, shit crime fiction question, nice pomo I'll do that. Without actually seeing what the creative part... Oh it was all a mess.

Oh Slats4ever in the pomo beginning I was feeling competent - I was like 'fuck you shit teacher' but it all ended in tragedy.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
That would have been so incredibly boring, and beyond the point of doing a "creative" piece. Although some essays I've read do get pretty creative...

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
i did crime fiction, reflecting from the POV of Marlowe in a rambling first person drivel..

i just sed stuff like, why couldnt Hawks have made me a woman, or a classic golden age sleuth, or a policeman.. then things would have been done so differently..

Gamine

Originally posted by neeja
wished it coulda been completely creative
Same.
I liked the creative section though (this statement will probably come back to ahunt me now). I found it pretty easy to write and was happy with it.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
"Too left wing conservative"? Being an ignorant little person, I have no idea what you mean. That it was different but didn't go anywhere new? Eh. *shrugs*

I just found myself running out of things to say for a little while.

malayz_angel

I did Cordelia from Skull Beneath The Skin and I wrote all this bullshit about how she looked incompetent because she hadn't been able to ultimately restore order and justice...Ambrose evades punishment for tax evasion and his battering of Clarissa's face, while Cordelia is forced to return to her job searching for pets.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
I did Clarissa from Skull Beneath The Skin, writing from beyond the grave about how pissed off she was that her face was smashed with a marble limb, and how if she was still alive she would have done things differently by turning herself into a femme fatale ala Lauren Bachall.

I managed to make many snide comments about what a boring writer PD James is too. :)

Wiggum

Originally posted by snakeoils
and how if she was still alive she would have done things differently by turning herself into a femme fatale ala Lauren Bachall.
If you've done the text properly, you would know that Lauren Bacall is NOT a femme fatale, she is the love interest in the movie. Neeja made this point in another thread. Hawks subverted this film so that he could emphasise the off-screen romance between Bogart and Bacall, which was big news in Hollywood. So she was the love interest in the movie. Just making a correction.

rhinoivory

LOL, thats what I did my peice on. Vivien....asexual rather han sexual... conforms to the love of marlowe, leads him to solve the case

I basically said that the opposite whould have been done to reinforce the understanding of insecurity towards feminist movements in the era. I also said that she could have been using general sternwood, to break down the value of noblility even further (marlowe portrays nobility) I also said that Marlowe could have been gay (mentioned also slightly) to highlight evolving taboos, etc. I also went into explore how cinematic techniques could reinforce the reflection. blah. blah. blah. tip ur in

PIE

I did my creative peice from the POV of Carmen Sternwood from The Big Sleep, I hated both Vivian and Carmen in the movie and wanted to reconstruct the both of them so i made out that Hawks misrepresented both of them because of Vivans manipulating ways... Kinda like a bit of role reversal... I made out that Carmen was sweet and innocent, loved her father, was intellegent and never in trouble and that Vivian was more like the character Carmen was portrayed as... Did anybody use dialogue at all in their creative piece my teacher told me it was my strongest point so i tried to incorporate it best i could, i dont know how effective it was this time though :( In Carmens reflection I had her saying how she would tell Hawks exactly what he did wrong and uncover exactly who she really was???

Oh By the way I liked the question thought it was pretty clever very open for interpretation AND... it was my last exam YAAAYYYYYY Schools OVER :D :D :D

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I used quotes from the piece - like, things Cordelia said - but I didn't actually have her talking to P.D. James. I guess that's because I took reflection to mean, personal reflection. But then again, it did say tell the author - or something to that effect. Did I do wrong? :(

badlysketched

... omg... i think i screwed up. ok here's the background of my school

1) we had an "excellent new sytem" on trial at our school so that each term u have a new course!(the school dumper this approach after a lowing in hsc scores... mine was the last year taught liek this)
2) the excellent new system meant no teacher took the time to teach us basics, hence we ended up doing comprehension from year 7-10
3)at the start of year 11 we had to teach ourselves to do essays
4) nothing else was taught

i got in there and went "wtf is a reflection!?!!" (as did 4/6 of my class mates... two came from other schools... btw my grade is remarkable small in the 3 unit areas... the other years have full classes... ours was just a dud).

anyways... i thought "hmm... i have to talk about conventions so i'll do a birdboot (from the real inspector hound) being shitted at his portrayal in the play... saying taht he deserved far better than the role he was... but sorta spoken to stopard... like a sorta one sided conversation... or a rant if u will.

eg. "This is outrageous! This is a mockery of the theatre! How dare u incinuate i am not faithful to my beloved wife, Myrtle!?! Tom Stopard! u have a lot of explaining to do!" etc.

basically he had a rant about how his character shouldn't be portrayed like taht cos its unfair and not true (but in getting into character i kept having him sorta be lead off in though with lots of "cynthia, my beautiful cynthia! how dare u slander her name" etc).

then i went on to talk about how the exagerations were ridiculous and stuff... it was very colloquial, but written like someone who thinks they are important, who is outraged, and tries to use big words to show his intelligence! it was a blast to write! after spending 1hr 35 on my essay i had to rush out 5 pages of the rant but now i think i am very wrong!!! do u think i'll get marks for originality? i sorta showed conventions but only really touched on them... i was thinking maybe 70%... but now i'm thinking 50-60%... what do u guys think? at least its a different approach... it is s'posed to be creative. i dun think it was exicuted that well... i guess i'll only be marked outa 20 instantaneously for the wrong type of writting. >< god dammit. my essay wasn't even well structured! it was a big rambling mess of a paper... but its done!!!!!!! besides... my creatives always suck ballz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)