Creative writing-format this year? (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
How likely do you think it will be for them to just ask us to write a story?*fingers crossed*

Is it true that they could ask us to write an interview?

snowbunny

HSC
hoping they ask for a story too...but the last few years have all been stories so they might want to change it :(

ane_st

HSC
They can ask us to write anything....!!!

But they've only asked them to write creative writing because they arent marking you for the form that you can write in, they are marking on your creative writing abilities... So i'm hoping its just a creative story and they give us maybe like harder stimulus!!?!?

ane_st

HSC
Yea your right tamorapierce13, i reckon they'll do something like that, just strongly improvise on the stimulus!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

And at least this time next week, we wont have ANYTHING to do with english..

:):):)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Technically, they can ask you for anything, and not just limited to an interview. Letters, reports, poetry, a song, a website, anything. That said, I believe - as of when I did the HSC in 2004 - that it's highly unlikely they will ask for a poem or song. Poetry requires a technical precision that you won't be able to get in 40 minutes unless you absolutely know what you're doing or already have those skills, and it's difficult to perfect the rhythm and meter required for a song. nwatts may tell you otherwise on both counts, but don't shoot the messenger - I'm only repeating what I was told by a veteran marker of the English paper.

Nullz

Nullz
HSC
WTF? A WEBSITE? Lol, how are we supposed to write a website -_-"

Guernica

HSC
Just a question that my teacher never directly answered (no matter how much we asked).. how are we supposed to say which stimulus we are using? Or should it just be really obvious?

ane_st

HSC
My teacher said that the marker will should pick up what stimulus you use so you dont need to write it down.. Apparently they arent that strict with how you use the stimulus.. You can just mention it and you should be fine...

But as for identifying it, well no you dont have to...

A l

HSC
N/A
It is highly unlikely that the text type would be one which requires extensive thought such as a poem. On the other hand it is also highly unlikely you'll be asked to write in a text type which is typically short such as a letter to the editor.

The people who prepare the HSC exams are not nasty witches who wish to make you feel ashamed of yourself in the HSC. These people have to abide by certain standards when setting questions. In other words they must set the questions in such a way that it is accessible to the average student. The question(s) must be doable by the average HSC student. This applies for ALL subjects and courses. Keep in mind that the state average is often a bare pass in terms of raw marks (i.e. 50-60/100) in most courses, so don't expect anything excruciatingly hard.

Questions in this section are often open ended and the text types you will be required to write it in MUST allow you to have the chance to demonstrate your understanding of The Journey using your creative skills.

My prediction (and what I hope it will be) is that it will be an "imaginative piece of writing".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)