Creative Writing Help! (1 Viewer)

acciochocolate

HSC
Hey guys! So I've already written a creative writing which my teacher really liked, which was quite the surprise...

He told me that I should write it in my HSC exam, but the problem is...how do I adapt it to the stimuli I'm given? I've done it for my half-yearly, but that's only cause he helped me out.

So, I'm kind of freaking out?

Could someone help me out please?? :/

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd keep practicing with different stimulus and attempt to adept/include part of the stimulus in your response?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It would be easier to help you out if you give an overview of what your story is and an example of a stimuli you have trouble adapting. If you need extra help, feel free to come along to my free belonging seminar (one of the key themes I will be addressing is how to effectively adapt any creative to any literary/visual stimuli or combined). For more details, click on http://community.boredofstudies.org...rials-free-seminars-july-school-holidays.html

Besides this, practice and perseverance are the keys to success:)

acciochocolate

HSC
Thank you both for the advice! I've done a bit of practice, bit of a struggle, but I'm getting there!
My story is about a man who is told by his therapist to express his thoughts/feelings through colours. (It sounds a bit cheesy which is why I was surprised when my teacher told me he liked it)

I've looked at the 2012 and 2013 HSC papers and a few of my school's trial papers.

(Also sorry for the ridiculously late replies!)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
This is a pretty terrible example, but say the stimulus was a picture of a dying tree, you could have the man gazing out the window of the therapist officouse at the dying tree, and contemplating how in some ways it was like his life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)