• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Aerath said:
You're kidding. Every fucking girl in Sydney has been seen reading the series. You see them at the Central, sitting in a circle, all with a copy. Heh - even some guys. :p
My sister says it's going to be bigger than Harry Potter some day.

danieljoseph69a

HSC
hey

i am currently doing yr 11 ext 1 english as well... let me just say to you.. the gothic genre is about suttle thoughts and ideas... by doing a story for example " the man was attacked by a vampire", is only going to get you a c+ at maximum.. by changing your idea of the structure of the story, for example, write a story about a man who is haunted by a memory of a loved one, or a ghost, but never actually show the monster... by doing this it builds up the suspense of the creative writing peice, thus giving you more makrs. in my half yearly i had to do a story relating to a picture they gave us. i ended up writing a story about a man who becomes a warewolf, but it takes the whole story for it to happen, and by using gothic concepts such as science vs religion, challenge to good taste, stronger women, the fear of the unknown etc you can easily boost your marks by about 4-8 marks... teachers lookfor how well you can write a decent gothic story but also incorporate the gothic themes into it.... i usually base my stories around ideas by hp lovecraft, or edgar allen poe..

hope this helpd :)

daniel

renny 123

HSC
Ive decided to base mine around a protagonist, loving family man who is involved in an accident and needs a heart transplant. Little does he know he is recieving the heart of a serial killer/mass murderer. He begins to adopt similar heartless characteristics and is unable to control an impulsive obsession to kill. Basically his new heart begins to control his emtotions.
sound ok?

hopethisworks

Banned
North Manly Beach Sexual Preference: Centaur Bans
HSC
N/A
renny 123 said:
Ive decided to base mine around a protagonist, loving family man who is involved in an accident and needs a heart transplant. Little does he know he is recieving the heart of a serial killer/mass murderer. He begins to adopt similar heartless characteristics and is unable to control an impulsive obsession to kill. Basically his new heart begins to control his emtotions.
sound ok?
haha, i am taking that one and using it now.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lsam said:
Who cares? True masterpiece comes out of plagiarism as Dan Brown suggested.
Well, think of how Renny would feel when she finds out that her ideas have been stolen. Unless, of course, if you're heartless....then that's a different story.

L

lsam

Aerath said:
Well, think of how Renny would feel when she finds out that her ideas have been stolen. Unless, of course, if you're heartless....then that's a different story.
Well, it was only by plagiarism that Dan Brown could sell millions of copies of The Da Vinci Code.

Why not do it to improve your mark? It's a minor sin in comparison to what Dan Brown did. He is truly a living example that plagiarism is completely fine.

And Renny would be alright. She will be pleased that her idea helped tonnes of other people who are worse off than she is. It's all about charity, Aerath. You share something with people that you have.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lsam said:
Well, it was only by plagiarism that Dan Brown could sell millions of copies of The Da Vinci Code.

Why not do it to improve your mark? It's a minor sin in comparison to what Dan Brown did. He is truly a living example that plagiarism is completely fine.

And Renny would be alright. She will be pleased that her idea helped tonnes of other people who are worse off than she is. It's all about charity, Aerath. You share something with people that you have.
I'm really starting to see how far hatred for competitors can get you.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Aerath said:
Almost all ideas have been taken by The Simpsons anyway.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
kaz1 said:
Almost all ideas have been taken by The Simpsons anyway.
I don't watch the Simpsons, but I'm guessing that it's satirical, and parodies the idea, rather than pure copying or stealing.

Tammi105

HSC
Look- i will say this simply.

To take someones work and claim it to be your own can not only get you in a crap load of trouble but it is against the law.

I may go to a shitty school but no one has ever done that for basically one reason; We would never do something like that to someone who had put in the hard work for another _____ _____ to take it away from them.

Didn't you have to sign a document saying that in no way what so ever you will copy someone's work and claim credit for it as your own?

HSC
I detest plagarism and the justifications for it given above show those people to be idiots, but in this case renny's idea isn't original anyway (not that I'm saying she stole it, but it's been done before).

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
go read rebecca by daphne du maurier
amazing book.
perfect for the genre.
and actually well written, unlike twilight.
sorry guys but Stephanie Meyer writes like she failed english.

oh yes and haven't you read BOS warnings? plagiarism is an evil sin

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)