credit average (1 Viewer)

bigvince

Hypothetical: if i required a credit average to transfer, wat doz that actually involve? does it mean i must get a creadit in EVERY subject? if im 1st year, and at the end of this semester i get a hd, 2 credits and a bare pass... wud that be a credit average?? how does it work?

santaslayer

HSC
You would get a credit average if all your marks average out to a 5, ie. the number of mere passes is acceptable as long as everything adds up to a 5.

bigvince

that link didnt work... but i think i figured out from another thread wat it means: hd = 7, d= 6, c=5, p=4
is that wat u mean?? doz this system apply to uts and do they tell us our aveerage each semester???
thx. much appreciated

santaslayer

HSC
The link works....I just tried it...it's a pdf file.

It applies to UTS, but Im not sure if they tell you each semester or not. :)

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
credit average you must get... the uni is clouded...
i sense lots of evil in your uni... beware of the jedi lecturer
i feel great presence of disturbance within .. fear you not
for my apprentice dingo will protect you..
help you he will..

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Dingo2004
credit average you must get... the uni is clouded...
i sense lots of evil in your uni... beware of the jedi lecturer
i feel great presence of disturbance within .. fear you not
for my apprentice dingo will protect you..
help you he will..
LOL LOL

I sense a great presence of loserness ^^

Last edited:

MuSaRuRWa

Originally posted by bigvince
Hypothetical: if i required a credit average to transfer, wat doz that actually involve? does it mean i must get a creadit in EVERY subject? if im 1st year, and at the end of this semester i get a hd, 2 credits and a bare pass... wud that be a credit average?? how does it work?

getting back to the topic :p ....
no, u dont need a cr in each subject. a hd, 2 crs and a ps will do just fine :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
When you 'fail' yet are 'passed' by the lecturer (assuming that the concessional/conceded pass system is uniform across the institutions).

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
Oh, how can you apply for that? I have a feeling I might not pass MATH1902 this semester.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure. Each faculty/school/department seems to have its own policy regarding concessional passes, but I think that the Science faculty just stopped issuing the grade.

You should be fine with any first year maths unit provided that you have attended every single tutorial and completed each quiz (I think that that was the general idea two years ago, anyway).

Collin

HSC
N/A
Haha, nah mate I'm far from fine. I did all the quizzes and attended all the tutorials but I'm highly behind because my general workload was overbearing. I know nothing of 1/3 of the remaining course (because I just gave up on lectures cause I was so clueless) and I know that you can't take advantage of the scaling if you get an excessively crap raw mark. :( My assignment marks were pretty.. average, but I got a distinction in both my quizzes. The exam is worth 80%.. what percentage do you roughly estimate I should aim for for pass?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
45% raw should be enough to pass, maybe less =p

Generator

HSC
N/A
Bloody hell, I had a decent response typed out yet explorer died as I hit submit... *shakes fist*

I am not a maths person, yet I took a stats unit (only stat2002) and eventually ended up with a 62 after calculating a probable 46 during the exam itself (something along the lines of 35% in an exam worth 70 or 75% of the course total) after a semester of relatively decent prac and quiz results.

I was going to say that 50% should be fine, as flyin' typed, provided that you meet the other requirements for the course (you are only an item on the factory belt throughout first year, afterall).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)