credit average (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
hey

approximately, how hard(or easy) is it to gain a credit average in a degree. i know it would depend on the degree ur doing, but lets give it a basic general estimate, is it really hard? or quite easy? do u have to study 6 hours a night to get a credit or is it something that can be achieved if u avoid drugs?

thankyou

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I know you don't want this answer but it depends on the degree :p

Compare the workload of an average commerce student (12-15hrs a week) with a med student (upwards of 30 hours per week); you probably have to work harder to get a credit average in a course where you're at uni more, you have more work to do, etc. Not necessarily that it's harder (I might be really good at Law but really bad at maths and therefore would struggle at Commerce) but that your understanding/ability differs depending on degree.

How hard it is.. well.. I did no study for 1.5sems and have (just) a CR average :)

hatty

Banned
interesting.
so anti. what degree are you studying for buddy?

and natstar, for a credit, you said i needed between 65% to 74%, but do these numbers by any chance differ between unis and degrees or is it all the same?

cheers

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I got a C average last semester (Bachelor of Science- biology, psychology and geography) with very very very little work.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well from my experience, if you do a Finance/Commerce/Business/Economics degree you would have to try pretty hard not to get a Credit average in first year. I mean you would have to not turn up to any classes and not do any reading:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
hatty said:
and natstar, for a credit, you said i needed between 65% to 74%, but do these numbers by any chance differ between unis and degrees or is it all the same?

cheers
A credit is 65%-74% in just about every University in NSW (I think I remember reading that one of the University's award a Credit grade for a mark between 60% and 70% [It may have been ANU]). This is the same across all faculties:).

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
hatty said:
interesting.
so anti. what degree are you studying for buddy?

cheers

I'm doing Comp Sci at UNSW. 2nd year.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Merethrond said:
Well from my experience, if you do a Finance/Commerce/Business/Economics degree you would have to try pretty hard not to get a Credit average in first year. I mean you would have to not turn up to any classes and not do any reading:).
true that

I got a Distinction for each of my subjects last semester, and this is 2nd yr, which I thought would be like very hard..

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
it depends on whether you're looking at the GPA or the WAM as well. the latter is easier to get i think

ziggyboy

HSC
Same here. I didn't really try too hard though I wish I did and I have a C average. Last session I got a D average but mainly because the subjects were more interesting and did more work. Overall a C average is doable as long as you do some work, at least finish all assignments and sit the final exam.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I got a C average last semester (Bachelor of Science- biology, psychology and geography) with very very very little work.
ditto :)...

monzi

HSC
Gosh i study alot at least 4-5 hours a day excluding weekends, where thats my relaxing time and i managed to get 2 high credit averages 1 high distinction and 1 distinction. stupid statistics hate it dragged me down. my highest mark was for microeconomics for first semester i love economics ended up getting 94 in that.

But yes i agree with Natstar it does depend on the person

there is a guy i know at uni who doesn't do any work all he does is drink and party and he got straight A's nothing was below 88 in first semester he would of got 3 subjects in the 90's and he never studied, i dont know it depends on the person

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hatty, until you get to uni, you have no idea of what to expect, blah blah blah
i guess what im saying, just because you are getting x% at school, dont think you can get x% at uni...and dont try to predict what you can get just yet either, simply coz you may end up very disappointed.

hatty

Banned
hipsta_jess said:
hatty, until you get to uni, you have no idea of what to expect, blah blah blah
i guess what im saying, just because you are getting x% at school, dont think you can get x% at uni...and dont try to predict what you can get just yet either, simply coz you may end up very disappointed.
lol
i was only kidding

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)