Cricket Season 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

williamc

HSC
20-20 tomorrow!

What is your thoughts on them?

As a player, and a bowler, i really enjoy them. I wish i were further up the order so i could have a slog though. But i like our outfits, so colourful. (different to our one dayer strip)

As a spectator though, i'd rather watch test match cricket.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Damnit, it's gonna be the first HiDef with Dolby Digital sound cricket broadcast and I'll be out seeing Nightwish. blargh

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i don't think we should read too much into 20/20s, they are great for spectators but really it's heaps luck. although it wouldn't hurt if you have a gilly or symmo in your team. plenty of commercial opportunity for 20/20 tho, like you can have a corporate cricket game where all the fat and unfit exec's bumble around for 40 overs, that should be entertaining.

williamc

HSC
A High Way Man said:
India is 2 from 2 in T20s
Mate India are a sk team.

They just lost the test series 2-1 get over it.

20-20 isnt something you should be comparing win-lost records over.

My team could beat the Australian team in a 20-20 by fluke. Then the next game lose by 100. Test matches and to a lesser extent one day internationals are where win-lost record should be compared.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
williamc said:

My team could beat the Australian team in a 20-20 by fluke. Then the next game lose by 100. Test matches and to a lesser extent one day internationals are where win-lost record should be compared.
wats ur team

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
williamc said:
watevs, ill still support them

williamc said:
I still think they played pretty well.

williamc said:
mate, thats a given. theyve only played two fucking matches.

williamc said:
yeh boo, i think i can predict what those records will say.

so, it takes no skill to play the T20 game? how would u go in attempting to hit a bowler bowling at 150km/h consistently out of the park?

i like T20. it requires a different set of skills; for batsman, slogging skills. bowlers can do well. india and pakistans bowlers were instrumental in getting them to the final. RP singh destroyed south africa in the T20 wc with 4/13 after india set them a mediocre total. its not mickey mouse just because you're team hasnt won a world cup in it

williamc

HSC
A High Way Man said:
watevs, ill still support them

I still think they played pretty well.
Yes they did.

A High Way Man said:
mate, thats a given. theyve only played two fucking matches.
Obviously.

A High Way Man said:
so, it takes no skill to play the T20 game? how would u go in attempting to hit a bowler bowling at 150km/h consistently out of the park?
Depending on the pitch. Fair enough at the WACA, but at the MCG, id fancy my chances. Well i do go alright against the 2nd new ball!

A High Way Man said:
i like T20. it requires a different set of skills; for batsman, slogging skills. bowlers can do well. india and pakistans bowlers were instrumental in getting them to the final. RP singh destroyed south africa in the T20 wc with 4/13 after india set them a mediocre total. its not mickey mouse just because you're team hasnt won a world cup in it
I also like T20, im saying you cant judge a teams ability on win-lost record in T20.

That T20 was hardly prestigious.

You can talk big when India dominates test cricket for over a decade and wins 3 consecutive world cups. k.

dpospination

HSC
i like watching 20/20, they are good entertainment, bit as a cricket purist and tragic, i dont really like them as such, because i think they may detract from the 2 forms of the game. for me, Test match is the sublime, and then one dayers. they are good to watch, but i dont agree with their concept

dpospination

HSC
btw, wat do u think about Harbhajan Singh's downgraded charge. i am pretty upset about it, its annoying to know how a team can hold the cricketing world to ransom simply because they have the most money and power in the game

blakegman

HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
Most first graders would back themselves. first grade isnt bad cricket, where do u think all the australian internationals start. Heck phil jacques was playing first grade not 2 years ago.

A High Way Man said:
Just because your team has won a world cup doesnt mean its legit either. It's glorified hit and run = mickey mouse cricket. entertaining though.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
^ hear hear.

i would not take away the credit from india, because it is about the only thing thay aust hasn't managed to win yet. so if they can pull it off tonight, it will be a step towards that. but yea, i wouldn't worry about it too much, win or lose. luck does play a huge part in it.

first graders are very competent players. i will have you know that most rep players either play first grade here or county cricket during the off season to keep themselves up to speed. so it is not a laugh and giggle at all. a mate of mine, phil hughes, is playing for nsw at the moment and he played, although not many games, in first grade prior.

re dpospination - we have long moved on from the symonds - singh issue, mutually agreed not to mention it again.

williamc

HSC
Yer players like stuart clark (3 or 4 games last year), ed cowan, macgill, shane lee, matt elliot, dom thornley and myself (lol) etc.. Food at tea = win. umm "meduim" pacers still bowl like 125 clicks. That is all. Oh and fielding intensitiy isnt what it use to be like.

T20 looks to be the only cricket ill have this weekend. (yes friday is a weekend). Im sure many cricketers around sydney will be expecting washed out calls either today or tomorow morning.

Oh, and Punter better play.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
noooo save symmo for later on. pup can open, since he is the skipper and all. hodge 3, hussey brothers 4&5, symmo at 6, the rest doesn't really matter because it will be all just hit and hope from that point onward.

so punter IS out.

dpospination

HSC
wuddie said:
^ hear hear.

i would not take away the credit from india, because it is about the only thing thay aust hasn't managed to win yet. so if they can pull it off tonight, it will be a step towards that. but yea, i wouldn't worry about it too much, win or lose. luck does play a huge part in it.

first graders are very competent players. i will have you know that most rep players either play first grade here or county cricket during the off season to keep themselves up to speed. so it is not a laugh and giggle at all. a mate of mine, phil hughes, is playing for nsw at the moment and he played, although not many games, in first grade prior.

re dpospination - we have long moved on from the symonds - singh issue, mutually agreed not to mention it again.
ok, sorry, i did not know, im a little late in this thread

AntiJap

HSC
N/A
Michael Clarke is an awesome captain. I never knew!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)