Cricket Season 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

Muz4PM

HSC
Also, who here would be a test umpire if given the chance. Even for the substancial salary, I would not do it, not in this day and age. How about you?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
partelephant said:
I think I heard Ponting make some comments to some reporters about how they should forget about any umpiring blunders since it was overshadowing what was an otherwise great game. What a tool - if he was on the other side of the coin I'm not so sure he'd be so quick to blow it off. I used to respect Ponting - there goes that.
I agree with you on that. There seems to be a great arrogance within the team at the moment, given some may argue they have reason from their continued dominance of the game for so long. However, I think they really need to just concentrate more on the game of cricket.

Judging from the general consensus of talk-balk radio callers, I think there are quite a few who agree.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
partelephant said:
I think I heard Ponting make some comments to some reporters about how they should forget about any umpiring blunders since it was overshadowing what was an otherwise great game. What a tool - if he was on the other side of the coin I'm not so sure he'd be so quick to blow it off. I used to respect Ponting - there goes that.
Happens to all teams though. A couple of years ago we lost the Ashes because of poor umpiring, but didn't act like petulant children about it like India are.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
india are the biggest sore losers in world cricket. i don't see how it is our fault there frustrated about how they consistently under achieve

redom

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
I agree with you on that. There seems to be a great arrogance within the team at the moment, given some may argue they have reason from their continued dominance of the game for so long. However, I think they really need to just concentrate more on the game of cricket.

Judging from the general consensus of talk-balk radio callers, I think there are quite a few who agree.

wtf ponting told the reporters to focus on talk about the game?....rather then the if's and but's of it all?.....and thats the right way to goo about it, focus on the awesome game, rather then the flaws of it all!...i agree with the view that australian cricket being called arrogant comes from their dominance!...i think theyre just really really aggressive, and theyve shown thats the right way to play the game!

and kumble's comments on australia's "spirit" is just a fuking joke....suspending the tour?....bunch of sore loosers in my mind!....harbhajan deserves punishment for his actions, and this pansy cry for a change of mind is just ludacris!....

i want more cricket!...play the damn last two tests!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
look at it this way. if you're the capt of a national team, having played a game, although marred with umpiring errors, it has gone down to the wire and you've won a thriller. not to mention that this win puts you and your team in the sporting history. you will be stoked, right? no, all everyone else wants to talk about is the umpiring flaws and racism charges, give absolutely no credit to your team's performance over 30 hours or so, as if you're just robbed the opponent broke. does that piss you off?

it is not ponting's fault that the umpires weren't up to scratch. nor is it his fault that he reported an incident which he thinks may have crossed the fine line of sledging and racism. he puts his players' welfare in the highest priority and lets the match referee looks at the matter. the match referee decides to ban singh for 3 matches, none of it was decided by ponting and co. how can anyone blame him for that? if india thinks there is also a racist comment made against them from hogg or whoever else, take it to the tribunal, like ponting did, and let them decide.

arrogant to me is not what you say to someone else, is how you act. you may talk it up like mundine does, but in the end, if you can back it up like the aussies do, then you have every right in the free world to talk arrogant. aust works harder than anyone else at fine tuning their crafts, that's why they keep winning. and if every other team in the world is looking for excuses to bring aust down, well, good luck to them.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
Its funny how the indians are claiming that harbhajan calling symonds a 'monkey' isn't racist or offensive just because they just happen to worship a 'monkey god'. Yeh right so harbhajan complementing how godly Symonds is ...bulshit.

Its so obvious he was trying to bag out Symonds half African/West Indian heritage. You'd have to be blind or a die hard Indian fan to not see that.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Indians are sooky-la-las who now have to BLACKMAIL the ICC.

Racism/personal comments shouldn't be on the cricket field no matter what they think. It's like the one place you do not go.

Let them abandon the tour, it should serve as a warning against racism on the field

Last edited:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
wuddie said:
lyou've won a thriller.

Peter English said:
Somebody, probably a preschool teacher, needs to explain simply to Ricky Ponting about the damage that has been caused by his team during the Sydney Test.
"Yes, Ricky, I know you won the Test, and it was very, very exciting. Yes, you were a very good boy for giving Michael Clarke a bowl right at the end. But, and this is the hard part, sometimes cricket is not all about winning. Your team was very naughty and now India are very, very upset."
And looking at some polls (Sky News/SMH) and blogs (Fox Sports) it seems even some non Indians agree. Unless the entire India diaspora is making up the poll numbers, and its indians posting under anglo names (wouldnt surprise me)

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Indians spamming the polls probably

munchiecrunchie

HSC
A High Way Man said:
im sure thats how everyone feels, too
Actually, no . . . I'm an Aussie cricket fan who is disappointed that the credibility of the Australian's win is tattered by poor umpiring decisions. Steve Bucknor should get himself some hearing aids.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
munchiecrunchie said:
Actually, no . . . I'm an Aussie cricket fan who is disappointed that the credibility of the Australian's win is tattered by poor umpiring decisions. Steve Bucknor should get himself some hearing aids.
Bitches aren't allowed to like cricket, only competitive sewing and sports for ladies.

gtfo

munchiecrunchie

HSC
jb_nc said:
Bitches aren't allowed to like cricket, only competitive sewing and sports for ladies.

gtfo
wtf . . . which century are you living in, with your overly shabby sexism?

i'm just as entitled 2 like cricket as you are.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
A High Way Man said:
And looking at some polls (Sky News/SMH) and blogs (Fox Sports) it seems even some non Indians agree. Unless the entire India diaspora is making up the poll numbers, and its indians posting under anglo names (wouldnt surprise me)
i am sure there are. but they are taking too much into account the whole 'let's play a fair game with all laugh and giggles and then we can have a beer later on' approach. australia didn't cheat, they didn't bribe the umpires, nor did they pick some impotent umpires for the match. so if they win, they have every right to be cheerful about it.

someone else mentioned before that aust lost the ashes due to some poor umpiring, most notably the kaspowrics' caught behind (if you don't remember, it was the test where aust lost by 2 runs, and he apparently gloved the ball, when in fact he let go of the bat, so he shouldn't have been out), no one in aust sooked about it. instead, we chopped some players, got them back in form, and here we are, 30 months later, on the top of the world again.

india can keep blaming the umpires and everyone else but themselves, in the end, aust will just keep hammering them.

aust to win the series 4-0.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
wuddie said:
look at it this way. if you're the capt of a national team, having played a game, although marred with umpiring errors, it has gone down to the wire and you've won a thriller. not to mention that this win puts you and your team in the sporting history. you will be stoked, right? no, all everyone else wants to talk about is the umpiring flaws and racism charges, give absolutely no credit to your team's performance over 30 hours or so, as if you're just robbed the opponent broke. does that piss you off?

it is not ponting's fault that the umpires weren't up to scratch. nor is it his fault that he reported an incident which he thinks may have crossed the fine line of sledging and racism. he puts his players' welfare in the highest priority and lets the match referee looks at the matter. the match referee decides to ban singh for 3 matches, none of it was decided by ponting and co. how can anyone blame him for that? if india thinks there is also a racist comment made against them from hogg or whoever else, take it to the tribunal, like ponting did, and let them decide.

arrogant to me is not what you say to someone else, is how you act. you may talk it up like mundine does, but in the end, if you can back it up like the aussies do, then you have every right in the free world to talk arrogant. aust works harder than anyone else at fine tuning their crafts, that's why they keep winning. and if every other team in the world is looking for excuses to bring aust down, well, good luck to them.
This is what I was alluding to. It the Sydney test, when V.V.S Laxman and Tendulkar were playing well and the aussies had the control taken from them for a moment there.
Players once were also reared to be good losers and gracious winners, but it has become more apparent in recent years that the attitude and behaviour of Australian players worsens the moment their superiority is seriously challenged. This was the case again when India's batsmen played beautifully to overhaul Australia's formidable first-innings total of 463 and so lead by 69 runs.
http://foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23021574-5014021,00.html

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
munchiecrunchie said:
wtf . . . which century are you living in, with your overly shabby sexism?

i'm just as entitled 2 like cricket as you are.
This is the GENTLEMEN'S CLUB. No women admitted.

I'm sorry. Get out.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
jb_nc said:
This is the GENTLEMEN'S CLUB. No women admitted.

I'm sorry. Get out.
I'm sorry if you can't cope with the fact that women can do just about anything men can. And as for the "gentlemen's club", I don't see no boldprint telling chicks they can't participate. You're the only one that seems to have a problem.

Get with the times and chuck ur sexism out the window. Its for your own good.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
munchiecrunchie said:
I'm sorry if you can't cope with the fact that women can do just about anything men can. And as for the "gentlemen's club", I don't see no boldprint telling chicks they can't participate. You're the only one that seems to have a problem.

Get with the times and chuck ur sexism out the window. Its for your own good.
Can you lift a 150kg weight above your head and throw it at criminals?

Because I can. And I have.

Get out.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Paj20 said:
They let them get over 500...

Why did Johnson bowl so many overs when he couldent put the ball in a good spot and was getting flogged??

thats an easy question. he's a much better bowler than Tait and more economical. it will be good to watch 4 fast bowlers side by side with Hogg carrying drinks(if hes not suspended)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)