crime extended response (1 Viewer)

varsana

HSC
N/A
i have this extended response to do on crime and i was wondering if anybody could give me some ideas. 'What possible defences might be used if a person is charged with stealing an item and what possible defences would be available if a person is charged with injuring a security guard'. thanks

Jennibeans

HSC
under what circumstances did they injure the security guard. if they were running away or the guard struck 1st then self defence.
stealing umm thats huge if what you've said is all the info you've got you could question were they intoxicated/under the influence, did someone else threaten them/make them do it or else (thats damn whats the word ummm duress)
if i think of anything else i'll let you know

suz

HSC
consider mitigating and aggravating cirumstances as well
Some defences perhaps provocation, self defence.......

MouNtY

i agree wit beans you have to know in what circumstances the crime was commited otherwise there isnt really much ne1 can help you with.

= Jennifer =

HSC
well i just used the syllabus dot point on defence to help me answer your question, i hope this helps

defences: complete defences (self defence necessity, consent, mental illness, duress) partial defences (provacation, substantial impairment of responsibility)

stealing an item
mental illness (?) only thing that fits it with the syllabus headings

injuring security guard
self defence necessity, mental illness
provacation

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
provocation, duress, intoxication, mental illness, automatism, accident/error, consent, self defense, .....basically everything fits to both questions, u just have to work ur answer into these defenses

varsana

HSC
N/A
yeah thanx ppl. this essay is stupid cause the teacher didnt give us any circumstances so i guess we can just use any defences and make up the circumstances.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)