Crime Fiction (2 Viewers)

Aimz- Lou.

I really liked this exam! My Related Material was Sin City, Law and Order, Snow Falling on Cedars, and Wallace and Gromit - the wrong trousers.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Oh yeah and did the Sin City graphic novel "That Yellow Bastard" and "Mystic River."

lauraaa

HSC
craaaap

i hated that exam. i had a prepared story; didnt fit the picture. i had my essay almost down to a tee and i dunno why i just couldnt make it even resemble anything that answered the question properly. i got 90% in trials, id be suprised to see aything like that this time....

illmatic

NaS
HSC
my story was shit. i dont think it had anything to do with conventions of crime. but fuck it.

essay was alright, i hope. i think i answered the question. but oh well

punki_pixi

Glad u liked it kt.. I cant say the same though. It was horrible. I couldn't fit that pic into any story i'd thought of and ended up with some crap that also finished mid sentence with barely any plot or point.

For the essay I said that the provided text goes against the idea of crime fiction, as the crime text relies on the unravelling of the mystery - it must be solveable. But my points were all about the evolution of the genre in accordance to social concern - basically not related to the question at all.

It's a relief to see so many other people hating the exam as well though. Oh well, its done now. Time to study for chem :D

Oh and my related texts were 'The Adventure of the Speckled Band' and 'The Body Farm'.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
I thought it was pretty allright....the Picture fitted perfect with my story which was kind of a rip off nwatts creative journeys story...lolol...the essay was ok once i got into it.

overall i am pretty happy.

HSC
babee_blu_eyez said:
was i the only person who thought the picture was a burning boat?!!
nah 2 ppl from my class thought so too, i thought it was a car and i was going to say it was regardless coz it fitted my story being a car! hehe cant imagine we will b penalised for getting it wrong, coz its not that clear.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I was stoked with the exam. I nailed the story because my preprepared story fitted in really well with the picture. Eventhough that picture was ridiculous IMO.

The essay was average, I could of done better but im happy enough with it. So overall im happy with that exam.

And I didnt know what that burning thing was so in mine its a car wreckage

gemblack88

HSC
well i said it was a burning car, but wasn't too sure. Made my story up on the spot, was a bit wierd but i was pretty happy with it. Think it showed the conventions of crime fiction anyway.

Essay definitely wasn't good for a prepared response i reckon. Struggled to synthesise any analysis of the provided text... did anyone else say it was about subverting convention in cf?? i think i basically said it showed that composers often subvert conventions to maintain originality and then showed how all my other related texts did that and basically threw in "as is also demonstrated/ explored etc. in the provided text..." at random intervals! :eek:

Definitely did worse than in trials. oh well. Good-fucking-bye english you crappy crappy subject.

tomcats 72

HSC
Did anyone else not do a story for the imaginative writing section. it gave a choice of whether to write in the genre or about the genre. I did an interview about the representations of women in crime fiction. The picture had a women in it so yeah.....

jenroxursox

HSC
i thought the picture was of a burning army tank thing... i dunno.. i couldnt fit anythin i had into any of it... i got into the exam an went blank.. it was so shit...

mustarrd

HSC
well im kinda half and half! i really liked the essay, jus kept saying how the passage totally ignored conventions because conventions are clues/evidence/crime/ blah blah blah and then used my texts to show what a real cime fiction story does. The story on the other hand, was terribly and utterly crap. which makes me ridiculously dissapointed as i usualy do pretty good with sotrys and i love to write them, but the piccy for some reason totally threw me, i dont think i did conventions very well adn i got totally bored 2 pages into it, and i was writing it! so i cant imagine how bored the markers will be?! ended up writing about 10/11 pages, still, it was poo! but yea, i liked the essay? MEH its all ove rnow, and its time for ancient study! yay!

peachy_keen

HSC
yes i thought it was a burning boat!!!
wasn't it?? it looked like sand..and was too small for a house

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
OH MY GOD. I LOVED THAT EXAM!. my pre- pepared story is meant to start with a burning house , but i appropriated it as a burning car. WOOHOOO. the essay was excellent as well. i happy, real happy. lol
i used so many max payne quotes for my hardboiled story its not funnny. it like created the mood. MAX PAYNE IS KICK ASS!

rusty_rouge

HSC
babee_blu_eyez said:
was i the only person who thought the picture was a burning boat?!!
Hahaha - I just assumed it was a bonfire....my friend swears it was a car, others a jet, and someone said it was a flaming altar?

nwatts

HSC
rusty_rouge said:
Hahaha - I just assumed it was a bonfire....my friend swears it was a car, others a jet, and someone said it was a flaming altar?
I said it was a tank. No one got tank?

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i think the ambiguety was delberate, sa in its not set, it was made like that to test how we relate it to the genre study. lol when i saw the bride, im like hey kill bill eat ur heart out.

TheHeretic

nwatts said:
I said it was a tank. No one got tank?
I thought it was a tank. Though, for the sake of my story, I stated they were burning sacks of magnesium.

And no, I am not going to elaborate on that XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)