crime writing or life stories? (1 Viewer)

Eg155

HSC
I just started my first prelim ext english class and we're doing horror which will lead to crime wrting in the HSC. The other ext class on the same line is doing life writing. Which is easier?? i want to switch purely out of interest...

SanjoyM

HSC
I would recommend 'Crime Writing' as it's quite interesting. It is not merely just about the denounements of Crimes. It also focuses on other relevant aspects which centre society during the time of production/composition of texts. It's quite difficult though.

Life writing is straight-forward and just like an extended version of 'Belonging' - AOS
Hope that helps!

Galladrim

HSC
Crime Writing is by far the most popular option in EEXI. But it is actually a really interesting study when you go poking around in it. It's a big boost when it comes to developing creative compositions, as there's so many different options and styles to choose from.

RedLips

HSC
Crime Writing is great. Especially when you find out you've done all of the work of theories of evil/genre/specific readings (eg. feminist, marxist). I found the theories were much easier to digest in EXT than Advanced.

Eg155

HSC
thanks guys! ^.
I tried to change to the other class for life writing but the head teacher wouldn't let me. -.- .... :mad: oh well must be for the best then.

such_such

HSC
May I ask, what is life writing? Is it like biographic, reflective stories?

avro

HSC
I do After the Bomb, but my friend does Crime Writing. I heard the texts can be a bit dull? Not sure, but what do the crime writing students think?

theycallmebob

HSC
I do After the Bomb, but my friend does Crime Writing. I heard the texts can be a bit dull? Not sure, but what do the crime writing students think?
they can be quite cheap, not dull as much as unsophisticated. but that's a major part of the point in doing crime, analysing that stuff.

but there are some really good crime novels too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)