Criminalization of sexual acts (1 Viewer)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Think of the children.
It seems to be the parents role to think about the children. Therefore my stance is exactly the same with incest babies as with inheritable disease babies... I don't think it is a good idea and I find people who have them to be disgusting however I will respect and defend their right to make that decision. But they should not expect me (via the state or otherwise) to support them in the consequences of their decision.

jmakowiak

HSC
ay0_x said:
Fuck you. I have short hair and its fucking awesome.
My ex also had short hair.

Didn't stop guys drooling when we walked down to the shops holding hands k.
Did you measure that with your drool-o-meter?
If guys were staring and drooling, it may not be for the reasons you think.
I personally only check out lesbians if they have long(er) hair. But meh. Thats just my lesbi-fashion sense.

ay0_x

HSC
LOL.

As if not smash Rihanna, Shannyn Sossamon, Keira Knightley, Victoria Beckham, Mandy Moore.

jmakowiak

HSC
ay0_x said:
As if not smash Rihanna, Shannyn Sossamon, Keira Knightley, Victoria Beckham, Mandy Moore
Last time I checked, they weren't lesbians, which was what we're talking about.

SylvesterBr said:
no fuck you
Huh

ay0_x

HSC
They are all women with short hair.

Last time I checked lesbians didn't "look" a certain way.

jmakowiak

HSC
ay0_x said:
They are all women with short hair.

Last time I checked lesbians didn't "look" a certain way.
They do when they're with other women.
duh.

pman

Banned
HSC
Anything between two people old enough to reproduce should be legal as long as it isn't incest!

pman

Banned
HSC
Actually, most can't and its up to them if they wan't to, their parents can still stop them at that stage anyway!

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
wot u r saying is ridiculous

you said anyone of the age of reproduction can do what they want
people mature at different ages so for some this might be 10
and for 95% it will be below the age of consent (16)

then you said anything they want except incest
why, if it is between 2 consenting adults (i use this term because you notion of the age of reprouction is severely flawed), why cant they do whatever they want, including incest? it might seem gross to you but 'grossness' is subjective

ay0_x

HSC
Hahaha omg @ ages of reproduction.

pman are you Mohammed or something.

Smile_Time351

HSC
I'd like to hear, from the perspective of liberals especially (though everybody is welcome to contribute), about their opinions on the criminilization of sexual acts.

Namely in regards to incest, statutory rape & other consensual yet illegal acts.

Of course when it comes to incest & statutory rape, there's too much room for the abuse of children. But between two consensual adults.. where does one draw the conclusion that it's inherently "wrong"?

Society is growing to accept homosexuality, transexuality, but incest remains very taboo. Besides the obvious reason of mutant offspring, what are other, NON RELIGIOUS, reasons for it being wrong? As someone who has a pretty normal thought process the thought of it of course makes my stomach churn, although I can't give legitimate reasons why.

Anyone?
Interesting that you specifically requested a liberalist opinion... although I guess I can see why. In that case, I got one for yoy :p

Although it has effectively been voiced prior, I'm part of the "If there's mutual consent- there's nothing wrong with it" train of thought. I agree with you in terms of the churning of the stomach re: Incest (although your definition of 'normal' seems rather narrow), but similar feelings are evoked from the idea of homosexual relations, but I have no problem with that whatsoever. While I may find both of these concepts rather disgusting, far be it fair for me to prohibit something because I don't like it.

You basically hit the nail on the head with your "I can't give reasons why" idea. It's just a feeling of (for lack of a better term) ickyness. I totally agree. But it's not our place to act on it. I don't agree with incest- so I won't participate in it! To stop other people from doing it as well is wrong. But I stress again- consent. Which does mean children can't be involved given that the legal age of consent is 16- an age I personally agree with.

ay0_x

HSC
Interesting that you specifically requested a liberalist opinion... although I guess I can see why. In that case, I got one for yoy :p

Although it has effectively been voiced prior, I'm part of the "If there's mutual consent- there's nothing wrong with it" train of thought. I agree with you in terms of the churning of the stomach re: Incest (although your definition of 'normal' seems rather narrow), but similar feelings are evoked from the idea of homosexual relations, but I have no problem with that whatsoever. While I may find both of these concepts rather disgusting, far be it fair for me to prohibit something because I don't like it.

You basically hit the nail on the head with your "I can't give reasons why" idea. It's just a feeling of (for lack of a better term) ickyness. I totally agree. But it's not our place to act on it. I don't agree with incest- so I won't participate in it! To stop other people from doing it as well is wrong. But I stress again- consent. Which does mean children can't be involved given that the legal age of consent is 16- an age I personally agree with.
Well most conservatives would voice God or morals and just say no. So I wanted a liberal opinion.

My definition of normal.. eh... not screwing your family members, animals, trees etc. That's pretty much my definition of normal lol.

So far we've only got the "ew" reason. I was actually hoping for a comprehensive view by a liberal for or against. The only thing I can think of is the fact that bioligically we shouldn't mate with anyone who is close to us genetically.

Smile_Time351

HSC
The only thing I can think of is the fact that bioligically we shouldn't mate with anyone who is close to us genetically.
That then requires a redefinition of sorts, because it means that we are no longer talking about 'sexual acts' so much as 'mating', and there obviously is a discenible difference. In that case, there is certainly a quantifiable argument against incest that will produce children. I don't know if I'd go so far as to prohibit it as a result, because, as mentioned before, it is certainly a Hitleresque action to take... still, there are certainly issues.

ay0_x

HSC
No no no, i meant, perhaps we're disgusted because in our biology makes us that way...

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
I'm was informed by a fairly reputable O&G a few weeks ago that the chances of children of incest having genetic mutations, etc, was twice that of the base population. So something like one in 5,000.

Not that high. It isn't our role in society to control the behaviours of others if they're not harming us our our property.

If you argue "HAVING TO THINK ABOUT THAT OR HAVE THAT IN THE COMMUNITY IS HARMFUL" then you're a moron.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)