critical responders - the end draws near! (1 Viewer)

jack white

After Hours
HSC
hey critical responders, as the end draws near, how are we all going?
who has finished?
who has just started?
who is drafting their essay?
who is refining it?
who is in the reflection stage?

well, i just finished the first draft of my reflection statement. it is a very good draft unlike the first draft of my response (a travesty). needs tweaking though like anything. anyone else finding the refelction statement wonderful? does it give you a sense of achievement?

so how are we all going?

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I am now refining, i have gotten feedback from numeros teachers etc, I have the majority of my reflection statement done due to the report, but obviously I need to go over it. My journal however is very neglected.

I don't have another exam till thursday, so while studying for society and modern I will work on tying up all loose ends...*sigh* still don't feel completely satisfied with it, I deffinetly want to re-write my intro.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Are you serious? That would freak me out, I'm just giving my work to anyone who will read it basically. The criticism bruised my ego initially but I'm glad I got it because now i can see how crap it was before!!!

The critical response forum is sooo dead...where are you my fellow critics???

know_it_all

im really just relying on those 8 days afta trials to completely attack n polish my major...
n start/finish my reflection statement
...terrible i no

jack white

After Hours
HSC
i have completely finished it as of today - last week I gave my whole major work to a student, a teacher, a friend and a relative and they gave me some feedback each and i have taken it all on board and i am DONE...DONE...DONE!!!! woo-hoo! my actual ee2 teacher has not given me any feedback except "yes, it's good" but i am very pleased anyway. she's busy. i am giving it to my society and culture teacher via email right now, she did english at university, so maybe she'll be the most helpful of all!! hmmm. what a relief - major work DONE! reflection statement DONE! ahhhhhh. (this is just turning into a journal post now aint it...i'll shut up...)

i should study for ancient history now hey but can't be fucked.

good luck guys...remember, working on polishing your majors is just as important as any of those trail exams so don't put that fat stupid essay off! oh yeah, and if you end up hating your project, it's probably a good thing! any advice? um...let your smart friends read it and see what they say - peer criticism is always most honest!!

nobody's probably listening to me - this forum is completely lifeless!!! bloody short story people have got a party happening in their forum and ours is a void. OK, shutting up.......................................................NOW!

know_it_all

i will pull 8 all niters after my trials finish on mon to polish (like basically redo!) my major n write my rs
plz b thinking of me! lol

jack white

After Hours
HSC
let's start a cool little club...an exclusive club where short story people are banned! *sensing envy of their collectivity* hmmm, ju, do you hate their togetherness? are all critics enemies?

stargaze

HSC
Will start 'refining' / finishing up tomorrow.. and for the next week or so

For the 'report' assessment (last assessment), did everyone basically have to do a reflection statement? Thats was what was my last 4u assessment (report) and I think I'll just make some minor changes to that to make it my official reflection statement.

How are ppls with their word count? My first draft (completed about a month ago now, and hardly touched since then) was about 4600ish + the 1300 report = 5900, so yeah, its probably where I want it word count wise. But I still need to cut out not-so-relevant bits and add in some more.. Hopefully will get round to that in a major way soon

jack white

After Hours
HSC
word count wise i am 120 words over. thats 6120 including RS. they wont notice. so how are you coming along with your refining so far stargaze? pulling an overnighter? i loved writing the reflection statement - i call it the relief statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stargaze

HSC
heyhey..

Haha, I'll start later today...

Basically I was told the only two major changes I had to make were:
1. Make it all flows nicely, from one point to the next etc
2. Reference to something 'english'

For (1), I wrote my thing under sub-headings in my mind, and then put it all together, so it does lack a bit of flow... I think that can be fixed tho

For (2), that was a recommendation of a teacher, who said it may need more references to actual english 'texts'... i was told this isnt overly important but I hope to see what I can do..

Well, if I want I can devote the majority of my schoolworking time to this, and I'll take days off school if I want... But I'm just not too sure how to improve it atm, altho I know it needs improvement..

Btw, ppls who have finished, how many actual drafts did u go thru? Like, after writing the first, where there a lot of major changes to your work just minor adjustments?

buffster2002

well trials finished for me on Friday, and today is my first day writing my critical response, lol i know im insane, im gonna be working me ass off the next 9 days to have it all done, im so freaked out! And mine is very independent too, i have no real feedback.

Good luck all!

stargaze

HSC
So besides jack_white who is over, what are ppls word counts like, and is this an issue?

Roughly, I have 4600 for the work + 1300 for the reflection = 5900, which I think is pretty nice... I haven't finished editing completely of course..

Second q, does this need to be binded when its done? Or just like, put in a plastic sleeve haha? Binding = need to go uni/officeworks/etc = dont really want waste time doing that.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
most of my ee2 class has handed in her majors this arvo.. it feels so good to fill in the tags and sticky-tape them all to your journals, majors & reflection statements :)

edit:/ your school should be binding your works for you, so theres no need to go to officeworks etc..

Last edited:

stargaze

HSC
title!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have about 15 options for my title

Would really like one that has a play on words - a really smart, witty double meaning...

Hopefully it'll come to me, asap... sometime early tomorow :)

know_it_all

belly_moo said:
most of my ee2 class has handed in her majors this arvo.. it feels so good to fill in the tags and sticky-tape them all to your journals, majors & reflection statements :)

edit:/ your school should be binding your works for you, so theres no need to go to officeworks etc..
yeh my school offered
but its a lil impractical to ask them to do it at 8pm on tues nite!

rcandelori

stargaze said:
2. Reference to something 'english'
That is kind of the point of the entire project isn't it? I mean, how can you critically respond to something without reference to textual material; and further, why on earth would you write your essay under subheadings - it's not a report...derrr - which now means you have to contrive false links. What a waste.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)