russ3l

HSC
I hope i do hamlet :) sounds like a magnificent text to study

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I hope i do hamlet :) sounds like a magnificent text to study
It's one of the greatest texts in the Western canon.

If anyone has other resources (and I know there's a lot more out there), feel free to post them and I'll add them to the list.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'll grant you that.

I'd definitely recommend reading one of the modern translations (adaptations) as well. It makes understanding it so much easier.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I read a comic book adaptation of Hamlet first in Year 10 or 11 I think (in slightly modified yet similar Shakespearean language to make it more understandable). It made it so very enjoyable for me and I hyped up the text to everyone I knew and myself. Also, it sounds silly but it gave me a pretty strong grasp of the plot and ideas in general - comic books are easy to read (and actually fun), and being able to technically read Hamlet in a few hours kind of gives you a clearer and more memorable view overall.

By the way, those are great links, used a bunch of them actually back in the day :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
By the way, those are great links, used a bunch of them actually back in the day :)
I'd love to add more, but I've got to find the time to hunt them down. Like I said before, if you've got anything useful, I'll add them to the main post. :)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I have a crush on Hamlet. Not even kidding. If we don't study this text for the HSC I'll probably cry.

elissajean

HSC
Uni Grad
Watch the version of Hamlet with David Tennant - It's brilliant. Besides, Shakespeare never intended for his plays to be read in class. If you have trouble understanding it, you should definitely try watching a few productions. I'm personally not a fan of Kenneth Branagh, but others have enjoyed his version of Hamlet.

The following blog post covers some aspects of the role of the ghost in Hamlet, and some people might find it useful
http://www.learningandwriting.com/1/post/2013/07/the-ghost-in-hamlet.html

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
Question about Hamlet: I know everyone (pretty much) is corrupted in Hamlet, as one of the play's main themes is corruption, but can anyonr explain why or give an intepretation on why this is the case ? Are there any contextual/personal/other links which may explain the corruption in Hamlet ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)