CSSA Ancient History thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Lolzipops

HSC
I personally was not prepared for social structure in Pompeii and Herculaneum and I was a bit disappointed with the ancient and modern interpretations of Hatshepsut, however I got a fair amount of writing done anyway.
But thank god for the Hyksos question in NKE to the death of Thutmose IV!

What did everyone else think?

p3rf3ction

HSC
Societies and P/H screwed me.. what did u get for the multiples, in particularly with the water supply question

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
not sure if we did CSSA, but Xerxes fucked me over HARD.
And The Greek world.
P/H and Sparta was easy.

p3rf3ction

HSC
i chose the private thing. It could be any 3 of those.

JasonG123

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn you ambiguous multiple choice! The rest was fine.

jessm10

HSC
N/A
i thought it was pretty hard , multipe choice were super confusing and the question on the augustan age was too basic for a 25 mark response i think, maybe it was just me haha

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
For your P/H, 10 marker - was it about 'Human Remains, the ethical issues'?

Lolzipops

HSC
Was the statue in P&H meant to be a soldier? I put aqueduct for water supply but that question was tricky, also what was the brick building?
I wasn't too sure about that. I said it was a high ranking man in society because he wore a short belted tunic, but I really wasn't sure.

Societies and P/H screwed me.. what did u get for the multiples, in particularly with the water supply question
P/H multiple choice was terrible. I remember reading that the early inhabitants of Pompeii got their water from the Sarno River which was then drained into the aqueducts so I wasn't entirely sure whether to put the aqueduct or the Sarno River so I put Sarno.. I swear the answers for a few of them could have been at least two or three of the options haha.

For your P/H, 10 marker - was it about 'Human Remains, the ethical issues'?
No, it was on new research and technology in the last two decades.

JasonG123

HSC
Uni Grad
^^ That was my thinking as well. I figured they would be referring to the time of the eruption so I put aqueduct.

The multiple choice questions are ridiculously stupid. I don't think there is another subject that gives multiple choice questions that are actually designed to trick you instead of test your knowledge.

Ajaxx

HSC
N/A
Was the statue in P&H meant to be a soldier? I put aqueduct for water supply but that question was tricky, also what was the brick building?
I did Ancient last year, but it was my favourite subject and I was curious what the exams were like this year.

It sounds like overall they were ok especially if the trickiest questions were on water supply and a statue.

From what I remember there were aqueducts that went into a number of tanks and water pressure towers that came out of fountains - I remember words like castellum, plumbauem.

And for the statue I'd assume it was teh guy from Herculaenum who donated a lot of money for it to be rebuilt after the first eruption (cant remember his name) and that there was a pedestal for his statue in front of the gym in Herculaneum?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)