• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CSSA Business (1 Viewer)

dela_

HSC
N/A
yeah i did it exactly the same way but i said setting achieveable 'objectives' instead of setting achieable goals .. would it be much of a difference

mychunny

HSC
why did you do both 27 and 28? i thought you only had to choose one of em?

jniranjan

HSC
Hahhahaa paypal.. classic, i used "open account" from global business topic for that one because the payment is made at a later date after goods are recieved ahha
See, we haven't done global yet. I backed up my point of view, saying that dealings should only be conducted with busines that are globalised, and use modern payment systems such as paypal...that way, the protection is mutual for both parties. I hope i get the marks.

Last edited:

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I meant i chose question 26

and I chose question 28 sorry for the incorrect statement.

The indian global expansion question* and also the marketing+change

Skriker

HSC
The business report was piss easy wrote like 7 pages! the last question was fucked only remembered 4 drivers and had no clue on what to right when it asked for strategies managing the global workforce so I wrote some shit like they should use the change models to help manage the staff when going global as they are changing from one enviroment to another or something :/ What did everyone else write for that?? so yeah wrote like 3 pages of shit for that haha.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
I meant i chose question 26

and I chose question 28 sorry for the incorrect statement.

The indian global expansion question* and also the marketing+change
How did you set up/structure the question?

private_ryan

HSC
N/A
What did you guys write for the business report. I did q28 first and left the report till the end.

Psychology

HSC
Anybody remember the question about insurance ensuring Max's business transaction with global suppliers (question 25, I guess) ?

What will be the answer for that?
That was the bill of credit or whatever that method was. I did it right in the exam I'm just kinda blank now.

Was my school the only one which changed Q27 and Q28? It actually made them even harder -_-

Psychology

HSC
Ah, what's the point of CSSA if they're going to keep changing the main questions...

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
I thought mortgages would be more non current as it's long term?

dannielle_93

HSC
yeah thats what i thought but people in my class were saying they tried to trick us with it somehow..?

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
-Executive summary

-Brief intro

-Reasons for global expansion
(increasing sales and finding new markets especially India is a large market for resources and commodities such as Gold, Minimise domestic competition) Business is facing too much competition and also ineffective in domestic market)

Also market in india is huge, 1billion people in comparison to Australia's 20 million people. India is also one of the largest markets and consumers in the world for gold.

(Acquire new resources such as cheaper labor and costs, tax and environmental regulations is way lower in india) eg. Australian mining companies such as the business in case study is subjected to environmental laws such as Resources super profit tax and carbon tax possibly o_O?? Also Australia has huge tax rates for companies such as 30-40% in comparison to India.

(Having access to new technology and resources) - This aspect is vital in the mining industry , India is a major suppler of capital goods and equipment making it cheaper for the firm to operate there. The firm is purchasing technology domestically which is much more expensive, Australia is also behind in technology and equipment in comparison to these countries.

But however expansion can be financial costly , the business must consider this move and must resolve its domestic operations before considering global expansion to india.

I did some more but those were my 3 main expansions for the business for global.

For converting from industry awards > Individual (I said main cause was productivity+efficiency of the domestic workforce)

Industry awards may effect the business's productivity currently, employees may be unsatisfied from current wages and conditions offered by the business impeding the business's output. So I said individual employment contract may promote productivity and efficiency within output as individuals can negotiate on terms that satisfy them.. Again the business may be offering at minumum industry rates leaving employees unsatisfied..

However i said also the transition from industry awards> Individual contracts can also lead to disputes and legal action from employees if unsatisfied o_O?? <--- this was probs wrong

Strategies to recover domestic market operations

-Sales and lease back (Capital equipment was heavily impacting the business's cash flow)

-Offer discounts and factoring (Improve accounts receivable from slow debtors which is again hindering the business's cash flow and profits)

Conclusion - resumming the extended response

those were my main ideas..

Question 28

i fuked up so bad =.=.. probs 10/20 LOL

Last edited:

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Apparentally they snuck mortgages in there and i didn't even realise so i got it wrong :(
no mortgage is a non-current liability lol... form of long-term external debt financing on property.

yes it was 1.3:1 far from i know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)