• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CSSA Business (2 Viewers)

Skriker

HSC
-Executive summary

-Brief intro

-Reasons for global expansion
(increasing sales and finding new markets especially India is a large market for resources and commodities such as Gold, Minimise domestic competition) Business is facing too much competition and also ineffective in domestic market)

Also market in india is huge, 1billion people in comparison to Australia's 20 million people. India is also one of the largest markets and consumers in the world for gold.

(Acquire new resources such as cheaper labor and costs, tax and environmental regulations is way lower in india) eg. Australian mining companies such as the business in case study is subjected to environmental laws such as Resources super profit tax and carbon tax possibly o_O?? Also Australia has huge tax rates for companies such as 30-40% in comparison to India.

(Having access to new technology and resources) - This aspect is vital in the mining industry , India is a major suppler of capital goods and equipment making it cheaper for the firm to operate there. The firm is purchasing technology domestically which is much more expensive, Australia is also behind in technology and equipment in comparison to these countries.

But however expansion can be financial costly , the business must consider this move and must resolve its domestic operations before considering global expansion to india.

I did some more but those were my 3 main expansions for the business for global.

For converting from industry awards > Individual (I said main cause was productivity+efficiency of the domestic workforce)

Industry awards may effect the business's productivity currently, employees may be unsatisfied from current wages and conditions offered by the business impeding the business's output. So I said individual employment contract may promote productivity and efficiency within output as individuals can negotiate on terms that satisfy them.. Again the business may be offering at minumum industry rates leaving employees unsatisfied..

However i said also the transition from industry awards> Individual contracts can also lead to disputes and legal action from employees if unsatisfied o_O?? <--- this was probs wrong

Strategies to recover domestic market operations

-Sales and lease back (Capital equipment was heavily impacting the business's cash flow)

-Offer discounts and factoring (Improve accounts receivable from slow debtors which is again hindering the business's cash flow and profits)

Conclusion - resumming the extended response

those were my main ideas..

Question 28

i fuked up so bad =.=.. probs 10/20 LOL
What was the actual question? I think ours got changed, because we had already done a VERY similar task too that which was pretty much exactly the same question haha. Or unless I am a fucking idiot and answered a completely different question :/

thefatman123

HSC
thought the report was pretty straight forward really, i wrote 8pgs for it but for the last point about the concerns the Aus staff had i said they could negotiate with the unions and staff and for my second option i said use the courts/arbitatraton with FWA, would they be right

for essay i did Q28 for it i wrote one pragraph on what forcefeild analysis was, showed how Dominos Pizza used forcefeild analysis to alter its marketing mix, postioning in the market etc to successfuly implement their pasta range, an alteration of their marketing straergies (or however the Q worded it) then i explained what Unfreze/Change/refreze was ad then showed how dominos used that to impliment the rectangular based pizza, an alteration of their marketing mix etc and then i said how by using forcefeild analysis how they successfuly altered their placment in the makret and thus their marketing mix
so pretty much said successful use of U/C/R and Forcefeild anlysis=successful implimentation of new marketing mix

do you think i answered it right?

thefatman123

HSC
Apparentally they snuck mortgages in there and i didn't even realise so i got it wrong :(
current ratio is current liabilities:current assets which means its the ratio of things u can quickly turn into cash to the the liabilites you owe in the immediate future

a mortgage is paied over 15+ yrs, and thus it would have to be a non-current asset, unless the Q specified that the business planned to pay the whole thing off in the enxt month cause the owner won lotto or something

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
thought the report was pretty straight forward really, i wrote 8pgs for it but for the last point about the concerns the Aus staff had i said they could negotiate with the unions and staff and for my second option i said use the courts/arbitatraton with FWA, would they be right

for essay i did Q28 for it i wrote one pragraph on what forcefeild analysis was, showed how Dominos Pizza used forcefeild analysis to alter its marketing mix, postioning in the market etc to successfuly implement their pasta range, an alteration of their marketing straergies (or however the Q worded it) then i explained what Unfreze/Change/refreze was ad then showed how dominos used that to impliment the rectangular based pizza, an alteration of their marketing mix etc and then i said how by using forcefeild analysis how they successfuly altered their placment in the makret and thus their marketing mix
so pretty much said successful use of U/C/R and Forcefeild anlysis=successful implimentation of new marketing mix

do you think i answered it right?
OH dammit i forgot the force field analysis =.= i put restraining and driving forces model LOOL gg...

yeah i did something like yours but mine was soo messy cos i was tired from maths

Octatonic

Banned
HSC
haha you guys suck, have fun writing business reports, ive finished my hsc so eat me

Octatonic

Banned
HSC
Ok buddy, whatever you tell yourself. You might leave the basement one day :p
funnily enough I'm at my internship at the moment because of my co-op scholarship program, but yeh its the only time I leave the basement, as I do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)