CSSA Economics 2012 (1 Viewer)

irenefu

HSC
I'm doing the independent one i'm pretty sure, how hard was the cssa? Schools that are doing different papers, how is that fair if some are harder than others?
heyy when are you gonna be doing the independent one?

Kieran95

HSC
I'm doing the independent one i'm pretty sure, how hard was the cssa? Schools that are doing different papers, how is that fair if some are harder than others?
It was extremely difficult. MC was 10x harder than previous years and SA was a joke.

rooster1908

HSC
I did Labour Markets. Probably the only person in the state hahaha

deswa1

HSC
Did anyone manage to thieve their paper so I can see lol? If not, does anyone remember the essay questions pretty accurately?

georgiee_

HSC
Wow. Why was it so difficult? Was the wording of the questions tricky/confusing or was it more that the questions they asked no one was expecting? How were the essays?

It was extremely difficult. MC was 10x harder than previous years and SA was a joke.

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
multiple choice, fuarrkkk! the first ten were killers... CSSA just play on the words they use in the questions to make it seem there's more than one answer, hate it! i found short answers quite easy and the extended repsonses not too bad.

Hoping for 90%+

georgiee_

HSC
Did anyone manage to thieve their paper so I can see lol? If not, does anyone remember the essay questions pretty accurately?
Hahaha not possible to take the paper..
But if anyone does remember any of the questions i'd like to use them as practice for the independent paper tomorrow. Just incase the independent exam is as hard as people are saying cssa was haha.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
cant remember the questions exactly but the topics were:

stimulus:
- monetary policy impact on the management of the economy
- labour market

part 4:
- case study
- balance of payments trends

bertstare

HSC
I also hope I get 90+
The last section, strategies used by other countries.. was a massive slap on my face though, I blanked out about China :L
Lucky the other option was the trends of the composition of Australia's BOP! :) ...narrow escape.
I blanked out about Australia's BOP. Actually I didn't really have much on it prepared anyways but I didn't have much on China either.

I figured about half way through my BOP essay that I could have wrote a much better essay with the other question on China rather than the BOP essay I was writing, but there was only about 20 minutes left so it was a bit too late ;(

inJust

HSC
MC was easy. What are you guys on about...

Kieran95

HSC
what did you guys say for the monetary policy essay because i am concerned that i may have been well off-topic
When arguing its effectiveness i said it was limited because of:

Time lags, inability to control individual sectors, pre-emptive tool and therefore they must try to accurately 'guess' what will happen e.g basically no one can predict europe so it is ineffective and limited in that sense.

Can someone confirm this is correct?

(obviously i talked about how it is a good macroeconomic tool aswell)

inJust

HSC
Shit, forgot about pre-emptiveness... I just said since globalisation has rendered external shocks were ubiquitous, monetary policy is used, but I argued it was heavily supplemented by micro policies etc.

shannan94

HSC
I hear ya brother! It was the most typical CSSA bullshit loading multiple choice up with ridiculous double answers asking for "the most likely" I mean for gods sake, and then the short answer - I have never seen so much verbosity in short answer questions. As per usual the CSSA has decided to ruin people's hopes of achieving anything in the trials :vcross:

Nothing like the past CSSA or hsc questions IMO

georgiee_

HSC
What were the short answer questions on? Why were they so hard?
It seems like everyone struggled with the paper, so it shouldn't affect your internal ranks too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)