not yet,phys 2morrow =.=

Last edited:

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: 回复: CSSA ext2 trial

post the Qs up, we'll judge it :rofl:

frostifier

HSC
i reckon the cssa ext1 exam was pretty hard especially that projectile motion.
now i gotta worry about physics 2moro then no sleep thurs night... its 4unit FTW!!!!

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Re: 回复: CSSA ext2 trial

mchappypants said:
I did mine on thursday last week...have no idea if it was the CSSA one. I'm pretty sure my teacher said it was bought, but I dunno where from...

If it is the CSSA one, its not too hard if you know your stuff. I got 53% with very very little study. There was no really WTF questions, time and stupid mistakes screwed my result. Not that it really matters as I'm the only one in my class so its all irrelevant except the actual HSC exam...hence the no study...
Lol aw, not fair, always getting rank 1's without even studying XD

I'm pretty surprised that your school ran a single person class tho o.o; For our school, a minimum of 5 students are required for a class.

As for 4U, please let what you said be true. (ie you did do the CSSA) I'm clueless as to how I can use de Moivre's theorem in induction, but if there's massive amounts of integration and little complex, I'll be crying tears of joy (Lol melodramatic XD)

beentherdunthat

HSC

Chinmoku03 said:
As for 4U, please let what you said be true. (ie you did do the CSSA) I'm clueless as to how I can use de Moivre's theorem in induction, but if there's massive amounts of integration and little complex, I'll be crying tears of joy (Lol melodramatic XD)
:wave: Hehe. I don't think it's CSSA, all CSSA is on Friday :) Ah well, good luck everyone.

aricho said:
Everyone ready for friday??
Is that even a viable question ??? :eek:

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC

beentherdunthat said:
:wave: Hehe. I don't think it's CSSA, all CSSA is on Friday :) Ah well, good luck everyone.
I can hope, don't extinguish it just like that >.<;

beentherdunthat

HSC

mchappypants said:
I wouldn't be surprised, my school's pretty retarded. For example, the Eng Adv. 2 class was given the Area of Study trial paper as practice, then they realised it was this years trial but didn't even bother changing the questions!

I was pissed as I'm in Adv 1, but the 2 class is full of idiots so I didn't protest as we'd beat them anyway...
LOL. :) Yeah kick their asses... I can't believe that happened though, didn't the paper slowly make it's way to your class though? Did the teacher get in trouble??? *Awaits drama*

beentherdunthat

HSC

aricho said:
HAHA nope
im sooooo stuffed
Yes, I agree. I think that it would be much easier to accept failure from now.:) Personally, I've become immune to failing 4unit. I've lowered my expectations to 50. :) I think 3 hours is perfect time to scab 50 marks...what say you ?

aricho

HSC
N/A

beentherdunthat said:
Yes, I agree. I think that it would be much easier to accept failure from now.:) Personally, I've become immune to failing 4unit. I've lowered my expectations to 50. :) I think 3 hours is perfect time to scab 50 marks...what say you ?
haha yeah i agree i would be happy with 50%

leegem

HSC

why do they always leave the hardest exams til last?
i feel like im cramming my head off for 2moro and yet nothing seems to stick!
ill be happy just to get the exam over and done with...i dont care much for marks anymore (though a pass will be helpful overall)

adamnangus

HSC
Hey people I did the CSSA extension 2 on monday.. we had to do it early because some subjects clashed... not a very hard exam although we didnt do the mechanics questions because we havent finished that topic yet. Haven't got the result yet... anyway any questions feel free to ask and I will try and answer... I can't give away any exact questions though I think it's illegal or something...

Bonarius

HSC
ha ha ha, already done it. As much as i would like you too. Do not tell us anything. Better that way, what mark are you expecting for it though

adamnangus

HSC
hmmm not sure... had a bit of a mental blank with conics and couldnt remember which eqns were hyperbole and which were ellipse! that stressed me for a bit. should get 60+% fairly comfortably... hopefully crack 70..

Bonarius

HSC
Nice, i'm sitting the whole paper even though i finished the conics by myself in the last two weeks. Never really did harder 3 unit either :s but i've done like 9 past papers so i think i'll go ok

Hikari Clover

HSC
回复: Re: CSSA ext2 trial

lol
any1 here????

1.how do u find the directrices of rectangular hyperbola???

2.when using the method of cylindrical shells to find volumes, how do u get the radius of the circle if the strips u chosen is on the LHS of the y-axis??(p.s. rotates about y-axis)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: CSSA ext2 trial

Hikari Clover said:
lol
any1 here????

1.how do u find the directrices of rectangular hyperbola???

2.when using the method of cylindrical shells to find volumes, how do u get the radius of the circle if the strips u chosen is on the LHS of the y-axis??(p.s. rotates about y-axis)
For Q1, you know that a rectangle hyperbola has an eccentricity of the square root of 2. And since y = x is a symmetry axis, the rectangle hyperbola equation changes from xy = c into 2x = c. (Or 2y = c, doesn't matter) The value for x (Or y) is actually the value for "a" in a non rectangle hyperbola, so you can just use the a/e equation for diretrices. Not sure if that made sense cos I worded it badly x.x;

Last edited:

yummaypho

HSC
man how do you guys study for ext 2? im doing past cssa papers but i dunno how to do ne of the questions. is there liek a trick to studying this crap?

Bonarius

HSC
Past papers and lots of them :) Helps if you have worked solutions too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)