CSSA ext2 trial (1 Viewer)

Alex xXx

HSC
The exam was pretty bad, didnt get time to finish off the question i knew (mechanics one). Its ok though, im going to tafe next year anyway :)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
What was the question again... ???
Can't exactly remember, but it was something like assuming (_+cos x)(_+cos y) = 3, show that cos y = _ and sin y = _, where _ means I don't remember what went there XD

But to solve it, you can rearrange (_+cos x)(_+cos y) = 3 to find cos y. Once you've done that, change all cos' to sin's by sub'ing into all trig functions (90o - y). Simplify that to get the answer

beentherdunthat

HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
Can't exactly remember, but it was something like assuming (_+cos x)(_+cos y) = 3, show that cos y = _ and sin y = _, where _ means I don't remember what went there XD

But to solve it, you can rearrange (_+cos x)(_+cos y) = 3 to find cos y. Once you've done that, change all cos' to sin's by sub'ing into all trig functions (90o - y). Simplify that to get the answer
Oh yeah... I remember I used a triangle however to find out sin y... I used pythagoras theorem to find the other side :) It worked !!!

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Oh yeah... I remember I used a triangle however to find out sin y... I used pythagoras theorem to find the other side :) It worked !!!
I've never heard of this method before. Sounds innovative o_O

The part where you had to find dy/dx was a nuisance. Took me forever to differentiate the inverse tan -.-;

leegem

HSC
i cant believe that exam!! even the topics we havent covered yet were in it so it was even harder to distinguish what i could do!

i stuffed it up so bad...i dont think i even answered enough questions (and to think i was confident the night before the exam)

good on ya to anyone who thought it was good

r0knr0ll

HSC
Ext2 CSSA Trial killed my life.
I was sitting in the exam room with someone else doing a Community and Family Studies catch-up and she finished with 45mins to go.
All I kept on thinking was BIATCH.

And Question8. It looked like German, to me.

I'm aiming for... I have no idea, because I think I went *that* badly. Studying day before = bad idea.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Looking at the paper, it appeared to be a bit tougher than last year's paper. However, there seemed to be a bit more typical textbook questions within the easier parts compared to last year's paper...

klink13371337

HSC
Was there a question on Rectanguler Hyperbola in CSSA... cause i dont think i did the cssa exam :S..

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Implicit differentiation ftw :)
I thought she used Pythagoras' theorem tho o.o How does implicit work with that?

Was there a question on Rectanguler Hyperbola in CSSA... cause i dont think i did the cssa exam :S..
Don't think so. The first conics question was something about drawing an ellipse, a hyperbola, an auxiliary circle and something else. The second one was something about P(2p, 2/p) and Q(2q, 2/q), which IIRC wasn't a rectangular hyperbola. I could be wrong tho. Anyone have any ideas? o_O

beentherdunthat

HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
I thought she used Pythagoras' theorem tho o.o How does implicit work with that?

:wave: Hehe. I think he was referring to you differentiating the inverse tan. Implicit differentiation is funny. It's so simple, yet the name assumes its a superior process. (NOT)

Chinmoku03 said:
Don't think so. The first conics question was something about drawing an ellipse, a hyperbola, an auxiliary circle and something else. The second one was something about P(2p, 2/p) and Q(2q, 2/q), which IIRC wasn't a rectangular hyperbola. I could be wrong tho. Anyone have any ideas? o_O
My memory grows vague.....

Impending memory failure... :mad1:

flowergrl

HSC
3unitz said:
dunno but it had a distinctive geometry induction thing
that probably was Heinnemann. We did it and it was suck easy.

I wish I'd gotten CSSA...

ssglain

HSC
We were given the CSSA 2007 paper to practise under exam conditions this week. I'm not the only one who wishes that we had this paper for our trial. LOL.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Ghassan said:
Would you happen to have the solutions to question 8 of 2007 4U CSSA? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
i attached some solutions below.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)