• 30-40%

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • <30%

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

funkychickie

HEY WHAT IS THE MATTER!!!

hey yeh honestly dont worry too too much about the trial i stuffed it up ( as well as all my other exams!!) but it can boost ur mark in the hsc if u study what u dont no now and improve!!!!!!

hey huy how do u do 14 units??? i did 14 for 3 weeks and couldnt do it i was exhausted.. too many earlies... too many classes 1 free period in two weeks and i was buggered i just couldnt do any more... no time for hw just sleep!!!!

anyways everyone dont stress please.... i voted 40-50% so dont worry... anyways if the whle state does bad.. (which most of us are on here!!) wont they scale us all up??????? if its a hard exam!!!!!!!!
anyways catch ya

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Re: HEY WHAT IS THE MATTER!!!

Originally posted by funkychickie
anyways everyone dont stress please.... i voted 40-50% so dont worry... anyways if the whle state does bad.. (which most of us are on here!!) wont they scale us all up??????? if its a hard exam!!!!!!!!
anyways catch ya
They better scale my mark up by a huge amount:).

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by funkychickie
hey huy how do u do 14 units??? i did 14 for 3 weeks and couldnt do it i was exhausted.. too many earlies... too many classes 1 free period in two weeks and i was buggered i just couldnt do any more... no time for hw just sleep!!!!
Tackling this question one at a time,

I did 13 in the preliminary, and one more wasn't going to kill me (picked up Extension 2 English, prerequisites were Extension 1 English during the prelim, thankfully I kept it. I was *seriously* considering dropping Extension 1 English after about 2 months of writing essays, completing homework and reading-viewing the texts/films. It turns out that keeping Extension was the best decision I've made all year. (I am ranked 4th and 2nd respectively for Ext1 and Ext2).

With my timetable, I don't get any study periods, and from all accounts, study periods are just 'bludgey' periods where people sit around and chatter. I have some afternoon periods (say from 3:20pm to 4, sometimes 4:30pm) where it's mainly Ext2 Eng, and we have meetings every now and again in the morning (8am till the bell rings at 8:45am each morning).

I had about 16 assessments last term, which was the biggest term for me (Term 2), averaging 2-3 assessments per week (number of assessments over number of weeks per term). But the most important weeks were weeks 8-10, where you had assessments due day after day (I did all-nighters till about 3am, starting straight afterschool).

To be fair, I don't really do much work in my Extension Maths, so you can discard that unit already (ranked 20th from 50-51, which is just in the top 50% of 3U kids, so it's average). The bulk of my time is spent on the sciences/english, so really, I have 12-13 units but 14 technically.

I put effort into all my subjects, but knowing that 4 units won't count towards my UAI, I'm slacking off in terms of study for particular subjects (ie SOR I, 3U Maths) and focussing on the more important ones (4U Eng, Phy, Chem and a bit of 2U Maths/IPT on the side) :)

Harimau

You are not me, therefore you are irrelevant
HSC
Originally posted by underthesun
Man, it is possible. It's just that you have to have done the 1994 question on e irrationality of 4unit, and do the rest allright.

And damn i missed that one out..

(was talking about the last question)
Have you tried the 1989 question 8b)? its close to being impossible...

nerdd

I agree..
it wasn't THAT bad.
but I know i didn't get 100.
i voted 80-90..
if not that then maybe mid 70s to early 80s.
It wasn't that hard guys!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
The thing is, if you keep extension maths, that is going to take study time away from your other subjects. That is my way of thinking anyway:).
i know what u mean but u've done it 4 2yrs!!! dnt drop now!!

Howareya, I know this test was one of the hardest exams that the CSSA has set but now my mark is going to be really bad, so why bother continuing with it if it will not going to be counted in my UAI:)?
u say 'now' ur mark is bad, because of that exam - well now every1's mark is gonna be bad coz of that exam, so don't worry about it. if u do well as a group in the hsc it'll be scaled.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
i know what u mean but u've done it 4 2yrs!!! dnt drop now!!

u say 'now' ur mark is bad, because of that exam - well now every1's mark is gonna be bad coz of that exam, so don't worry about it. if u do well as a group in the hsc it'll be scaled.
I hope so:).

PG5

HSC
yeah... for hsc, study as hard as you along with every1 else!

just make sure your group :chainsaw: and :ninja: and :hammer: and :torch: and :bomb: and :uzi: and :sniper: the hsc exam with passion so you all could become :teacher:

But, make sure you don't :sleep: in the exam...

hehe... smilies are kool...

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by PG5
yeah... for hsc, study as hard as you along with every1 else!

just make sure your group :chainsaw: and :ninja: and :hammer: and :torch: and :bomb: and :uzi: and :sniper: the hsc exam with passion so you all could become :teacher:

But, make sure you don't :sleep: in the exam...

hehe... smilies are kool...
LOL :LOL:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I just got my results back for this test and at least I hit double figures, which is more than what I was expecting:eek:. I got 16.5/84 (20%) and I made some really stupid mistakes, which means I should have got about 30%:).

Huy

HSC
N/A
I just got my results back for this test and at least I hit double figures, which is more than what I was expecting
I was in the low 20s, LOL
Everybody at my school stuffed up 3U, except a handful.
I was expecting 10 to 15, tops after completing the exam.

K man

K man was here in 2002
HSC
results

Hey 'Rand' are they 'REAL'? lol. i got in the seventies. apparently a pass was gud. so im happy :D but i stuffed my 4unit!!!!! i got 40/120!!!!!

Rand

Rand, there is no way you could have got 100%:). Of offence or anything but I really do not think it would be possible;).

Anyway I voted for <30% but I doubt I will hit double figures (seriously):mad:.
Hahaha youre right!

only 94%

DAMN!! :chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)