CSSA Mathematics Advanced Paper (1 Viewer)

HSC
Done it, worst maths exam paper ever seen. Was by catholic schools. There are so many questions have no english in it and even have false information including 'show that' answers!

I didn't answered last 2 questions because i was wtf its extension! FUCK YOU CATH PAPERS!

On pyth question, the question was saying 'show that' and their show that answer turned up 30km short!

Anyone agreed this paper is false?

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
Re: Mathematics Advanced Paper Today

I found it took me waaay longer to get to do questions 1-6 than it usually does when i do past hsc papers. At least you know that if this was the actual hsc your marks would probs go up because it was quite difficult (scaling i mean)

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Thoughts on 2008 CSSA Paper?

It wasn't too bad IMO, though it was a lot harder than the past papers that I've done.

Only in the last 15 minutes, when I was checking my answers did I actually get answers for question 9b. Other than that, it wasn't too hard.

What did you think?

Azurie

HSC
Re: Thoughts on 2008 CSSA Paper?

Didn't prepare well, stuffed up really bad
Feel like crying lol.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
Done it, worst maths exam paper ever seen. Was by catholic schools. There are so many questions have no english in it and even have false information including 'show that' answers!

I didn't answered last 2 questions because i was wtf its extension! FUCK YOU CATH PAPERS!

On pyth question, the question was saying 'show that' and their show that answer turned up 30km short!

This is a given every single year.
EVERY YEAR always says
"MAN, THIS IS THE HARDEST PAPER EVER"!!!

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:

Yeah, in question 10b, I have no idea where they got their answers for the sides from. I tried every trig identity that I know, and still didn't get it.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Omium said:
This is a given every single year.
EVERY YEAR always says
"MAN, THIS IS THE HARDEST PAPER EVER"!!!
Really? I thought all the past CSSA papers that I've done (2001-2007) weren't as bad as this one...

dolbinau

HSC
Re: Thoughts on 2008 CSSA Paper?

squeenie said:
It wasn't too bad IMO, though it was a lot harder than the past papers that I've done.

Only in the last 15 minutes, when I was checking my answers did I actually get answers for question 9b. Other than that, it wasn't too hard.

What did you think?
I found it challenging but I did attempt every question. Hoping for 85%. The series question was quite difficult. Glad I got it out. However, I was in a rush so I couldn't check my answer but. Did anyone get 13 for the max x value for the maxima/minima problem. Was you mac volume then two hundred and something?

Also. For the very last question did we just show the behaviour as x approached the given domain? (well alpha

harveynorman21

HSC
have to agree that it was the worst paper by far!

most ppl at my school said they didnt get upto Q8 even

i attempted it all but no idea where their values for Q10 came from and i even do ext maths :mad1:

HSC
I think it about after what happened since World Youth Day? Caths making fun of us? Want us to fail and become being them and have sex with everyone???

Seriously, they should regret it.

JustAnotherDan

HSC
I also found the questions in today's paper considerably harder than questions in previous papers (I can't really comment on the difficulty using any other comparison because I'm not very good at the subject :rofl:).

I think it boils down to the pressure though; practicing for an examination at home, where the result of the practice paper is meaningless, doesn't induce an incredible amount of stress.
The opposite can be said for sitting an official exam.

HSC
^^^^ Don't practice from CSSA!!! Use real Board of Studies past papers. They are way better and simply learnt from classes.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
harveynorman21 said:
looking at last yearas hsc maths exam tho...

this trial was WAY harder
Seconded. But IMO, the CSSA papers are always harder than the HSC ones.

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
They are trying to stress us out about the HSC!
Aww, come on, don't be so cynical.

The point of the trials is to determine eveyone's final ranks. Your marks don't matter, your rank does. They purposely make the trials harder than the HSC, so its easy to determine everyone's ranks from it. More info is on this thread:

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=179637

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)