CSSA Mathematics Advanced Paper (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
squeenie said:
Yeah, in question 10b, I have no idea where they got their answers for the sides from. I tried every trig identity that I know, and still didn't get it.
You had to know that Sin(90-Alpha) = Cos(Alpha). Is that where you got stuck?

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
dolbinau said:
Yes! I completely forgot about that! Oh well. No point in getting all annoyed about it now.

jonaxiang

HSC
I got raped up the asshole with the test today lolz...wouldnt be suprised if i got like 40's% range or even worse:(. I got up to Q 10 but only partially attempted some of Q9 and 10 and missed out on a few questions here and there...:(

dolbinau

HSC
squeenie said:
Yes! I completely forgot about that! Oh well. No point in getting all annoyed about it now.
hehe, I know what you mean - there is so much bugging me but I can't change it. It keeps the stress levels down when I realise the only thing I can do is my best!

harveynorman21

HSC
dolbinau said:

bugger so thats what it was...
well no one else at my school got that cos i asked them all and they said they couldnt do Q10..

well thats a plus for me i guess :lol:

Shan4curry

HSC
Such an ugly paper... I wonder how I'll do? I'll be lucky to scrape a pass. >_>

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
dolbinau said:
hehe, I know what you mean - there is so much bugging me but I can't change it. It keeps the stress levels down when I realise the only thing I can do is my best!
Well the rest of the paper wasn't too bad for me. Overall I think I got around 85%, which is pretty good. And compared to a lot of other people at my school, I think I did pretty well.

dolbinau

HSC
squeenie said:
Well the rest of the paper wasn't too bad for me. Overall I think I got around 85%, which is pretty good. And compared to a lot of other people at my school, I think I did pretty well.
Cool. Um..no one answered so I'll ask again :p, but, you know the last part of 10? HOw did we prove that?

I just showed the behavior of the length of BC when Alpha reached the edges of the domain (0 and something else). Was this correct?

danno1990

HSC
That was the worst paper ever. I was completely unprepared. :mad1:

s19310

HSC
This was exam was alright but i reckon it got harder at the start then easier in tha middle i reckon 70%:)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
I felt really underprepared as i have all of the trial but thought the exam was alright, we had the cssa paper for the first 6 questions but ive heard parts of the cssa paper were in our 7-10. The first 6 questions for reasonable with one part in 5 and one in 6 getting me cause thought they were only extension topics and didnt plan on studying them till ext, but oh well, then it got hard in 9-10...bah oh well, i was running out of time and forgot to divide something in the time payment question we had and ended up with a ridiculously large amount of month repayments...bah thank god for part marks and hopefully my rank doesnt die

HSC
I don't give a shit when my teacher says "Sorry you didn't passed".

Well wonder why i can still get passed when i have underscore in exams?

tybermon j

HSC
i got to admit the spiral question was simple after you understand it

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
tybermon j said:
i got to admit the spiral question was simple after you understand it
when i first saw it i was like wtf but started to get it, but unfortunately ran out of time

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
axlenatore said:
when i first saw it i was like wtf but started to get it, but unfortunately ran out of time
I only started to get it in the last 10 minutes of the exam...

HSC
You know when i was studying things from the exercise, notes and that etc. Seriously about 30% of this paper hasn't acknowledged. So i gave up.

uebel

HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
Done it, worst maths exam paper ever seen. Was by catholic schools. There are so many questions have no english in it and even have false information including 'show that' answers!

I didn't answered last 2 questions because i was wtf its extension! FUCK YOU CATH PAPERS!

On pyth question, the question was saying 'show that' and their show that answer turned up 30km short!

Anyone agreed this paper is false?
i managed to get it out right. after remembering to change from rads to degrees ahaha

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
Done it, worst maths exam paper ever seen. Was by catholic schools. There are so many questions have no english in it and even have false information including 'show that' answers!

I didn't answered last 2 questions because i was wtf its extension! FUCK YOU CATH PAPERS!

On pyth question, the question was saying 'show that' and their show that answer turned up 30km short!

Anyone agreed this paper is false?
I thought it was a fair paper, harder than past ones but fairish. Are you referring to the ship question with the bearing cause is so then you needed to use the cosine rule

HSC
uebel said:
i managed to get it out right. after remembering to change from rads to degrees ahaha
What!??? Theres is nothing to do with radians to degrees stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)