CSSA Maths 2U Paper (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha@ the swine flu question... that wasnt CSSA

i did cssa, and for the last probability one i think i may have gotton 9/28.... wtf :(

oh and the sec 3x= x one i guessed lol

unfortunately at the time i didnt remember to draw the line y= x and note the number of places it crossed the sec graph

*sigh*
Lol, that secx = x was easy XD rofl ... and yeah, that's all you have to do.

I liked the very last question the 2U CSSA paper... It was kinda fun + everyone else thought the last question was too hard... I got it!

raniaaa

:)
HSC
hahaha@ the swine flu question... that wasnt CSSA

i did cssa, and for the last probability one i think i may have gotton 9/28.... wtf :(

oh and the sec 3x= x one i guessed lol

unfortunately at the time i didnt remember to draw the line y= x and note the number of places it crossed the sec graph

*sigh*

LOL!
ah well at least you attempted the last probability one...it looked way too confusing for only 2 marks so after 5 minutes i thought screw it

flon

HSC
how did everyone go with 10a? did you just split the integral up

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
hmmm I wasn't sure how to approach the last 10a) question... I had seen similar ones but I didn't really know how they had really done it...

so I just put down f(x) + 4 = 15/2 + 4(15/2)...

hehe ^_^ It was only worth 2 I think, but there goes 2 marks out the windows. :( Although I can confindently say I got the rest of Question 10 right and I'm very very happy about that as none of my class even attempted it XD rofl

flon

HSC
quick question. why did you do the 2unit paper. isnt the 4 unit paper on at the same time? for CSSA

xFusion

HSC
Lol, it was something about a guy going on a cruise and then it 'got cancelled' because of Swine Flu.. I actually laughed in the exam lol.
lol ahaha yeh i think it was probally independent since my school buys both cssa and independent

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
quick question. why did you do the 2unit paper. isnt the 4 unit paper on at the same time? for CSSA
The subjects in my signature are the subejcts I will be taking next year. If you take a look to the left you can see I do the HSC in 2010 (i.e. I'm in Year 11 right now... but obviously I accelerate in maths).

^_^

Also, what was with that curve sketching the CSSA paper? Did I just do something wrong or did anyone else get a friggin funky looking graph.

flon

HSC
yea i got a wonky one too. anyone rememebr the equation?

x^3 - 3x^2 + 12x? or something

Last edited:

raniaaa

HSC
hmmm I wasn't sure how to approach the last 10a) question... I had seen similar ones but I didn't really know how they had really done it...

so I just put down f(x) + 4 = 15/2 + 4(15/2)...

hehe ^_^ It was only worth 2 I think, but there goes 2 marks out the windows. :( Although I can confindently say I got the rest of Question 10 right and I'm very very happy about that as none of my class even attempted it XD rofl

was that the one it was integral of f(x) = 15/2, find integral of f(x) + 4 ?
if so what i did was integral of f(x) + integral of 4, so basically seperated the two then added them,
so yeah they already gave us the f(x) one, and the integral of 4 is easy enough...
dunno if it's right though

DannyT

HSC
How good was it, can anybody remeber what they got for the last part of the probalility question: i got from memory 15/28
yeah that sounds familiar, hopefully it's correct :)
everyone seemed to have some trouble with that question...a 2 marker in Q4 so I don't think it was meant to be that complicated lol.
i ended up drawing a tedious tree diagram in my spare one hour though...waste of time :/

DannyT

HSC
was that the one it was integral of f(x) = 15/2, find integral of f(x) + 4 ?
if so what i did was integral of f(x) + integral of 4, so basically seperated the two then added them,
so yeah they already gave us the f(x) one, and the integral of 4 is easy enough...
dunno if it's right though
yeah that's correct you split the integral up. just cite integration basics that you learned way back xD

mylifeb3lik3

HSC
N/A
the pump question!

find the time which there is no flow of water? or something like that
f'(x) = 20sin π/35t

let f'(x) = 0

than... had a mind blank

raniaaa

HSC
the pump question!

find the time which there is no flow of water? or something like that
f'(x) = 20sin π/35t

let f'(x) = 0

than... had a mind blank

the time i got was 9:30........ i have no idea if that's right or not everyone i spoke to got weird answers

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
That was a very peculiar question... because if you try to find t, you end up with 0 anyway... -_-

I think I ended up putting down 9:32 or something after doing some crap on the calculator and writing some crap down.

steve001

HSC
the time i got was 9:30........ i have no idea if that's right or not everyone i spoke to got weird answers
im pretty sure that is right...it was question 9 right...coz if it was i dont think i got that wrong and i got 11 in it

kiniki

HSC
i got that too =]

what the hell! how did you guys get that? after putting f'(x) to 0 all i could get for t was zero. then i subbed heaps of diff numbers in and kept getting zero?

for that ugly 15/2 cubic curve question, did you guys get like.. 15? i added/multiplied some shit in the intergral by 4 i can't even remember.

NO TRAPEZOIDAL OR SIMPSONS RULE QUESTIONS!!!!!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)