CSSA Maths Trial!! (1 Viewer)

kokodamonkey

HSC
i was shocked by how long it took. i normally get cssa/hsc papers done in 1.5hours etc that way i normally get to do it twice. but maybe i was just being cautious or something but it took me the whole exam.. i found q1-6 were a lot "harder" compared to previous q1-6's, but that the q7-10 were way way easier then previous years! so i guess in the end it balances.. i was hoping to maintain my average of 95% in maths but i dont think i will get it in this exam i think im only going to get about 90 :<. Ohwell no point arguing over answers just wait for results!

pinkdragon89

HSC
we got an altered test which was like a combination of the CSSA, independent and some other one. It was only 9 questions but some involved much more than the average section. Lol apparently our teacher didn like any of the complete tests so he cut them up and made a new one. It was quite hard and nobody finished in the time....except those who hadnt studies and sat up the back laughing for the first hour.
Our test included that difficult series one about the drilling... it think it was actually and ap...but it was two in one because the depth was a series as was the cost.
We also got that marathon question and with the square leaning against the wall.

Not sure how i did ..... but on the plus side i got 94 for the economic cssa trial

kokodamonkey

HSC
what! you already got your results back for economics! damn you! we have to wait till school resumes next wed for yr12's.. cant wait for my eco results!

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
OMG you ppl are weird lol....for that marathon one.... distance = speed x time

you do that

differentiae

maximise

you get the question
lol

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
wrxsti said:
OMG you ppl are weird lol....for that marathon one.... distance = speed x time

you do that

differentiae

maximise

you get the question
lol
loolz dats exactly wat i did...
u sure thats right?

kokodamonkey

HSC
i did whatever i did to prove that the equation in part 1 was right... i then just differentiated it etc in part 2 to get what a should be. so i presume thats the right way of doing it.

xxJTxx

HSC
question six was death
im still baffled by how to show that 115 was a term in that stupid sequence. wtf awas that anyway? who gives a crap about that guys stupid rain calculations.
loan repayment pissed me off, but i think i also got 118000 (something for the last three numbers then a decimal)...i didn't particularly understand how to do it after the rate change, so i just formed another sequence with the 4000 out the front and put the interest for each consecutive month in then did the sum of both and found the principal or whatever.
i also had no friggen clue for the similarity question (no i'm not dumb)...all the bloody parallel lines pissed me off and i was just like stuff you im moving on.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
xxJTxx said:
i also had no friggen clue for the similarity question (no i'm not dumb)...all the bloody parallel lines pissed me off and i was just like stuff you im moving on.
Haha same I skipped it and completely forgot about it till last night.

Ahmed A said:
loolz dats exactly wat i did...
u sure thats right?
Yeah that's what you're supposed to do. I did the first bit to get the shown equation but I screwed up somewhere in my differentiation and didn't have time to do it again because I still had to do the last question.

Last edited:

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
Fish Sauce said:
Yeah that's what you're supposed to do. I did the first bit to get the shown equation but I screwed up somewhere in my differentiation and didn't have time to do it again because I still had to do the last question.
yeah that differentiation was a doozer...
i got it wrong twice until i realised i had a minus sign instead of a plus:bomb:
it ticked me off! lol but luckily it was question 10 i.e. no more questions after it..
i finishd the exam with about 30 minutes to go
enough time to catch up on sum well deserved sleep :D

Caution123

HSC
uh Distance = speed x time? wtf... Was that in the Application of calculus to the real world chapter? Because we havn't learnt that yet.

noobsgetowned

HSC
Our school is gonna use the Indep.

Lets hope its not too hard. My teacher told us its gonna be about twice as hard as the last year's Indep =\

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
Caution123 said:
uh Distance = speed x time? wtf... Was that in the Application of calculus to the real world chapter? Because we havn't learnt that yet.
i learnt about that in prelim, but not only in maths but in physics also.
questions with D= S x T are really frequent in question 9/10 of many different papers
but i duno
all skools r different i suppose

dacomens

HSC
This maths paper was soo hard!!! i was doin some of the other past papers b4 the test and none of them were as hard as this one...i left out so many questions...the questions in general were esay but they just gave us hard functions!! which meant i cudnt do the rest of the question...and wtf was wit the series questions...they were so hard

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
Caution123 said:
hrm looks like I gotta check up on that... Well thanks anyway. :)
lolz np buddy

did any1 get the point p(2,16) in question 5 part (c) i think it was
it was where they gave you the equation y = 2x^3 and y = 20 - 2x and the point (10,0)...

katarvey

Premium Member
HSC
i didnt like it...
like someone else said... KILL ME NOW!!!!
i didnt even finish which killed it and means i gave myself no chance at those marks :mad1:
the first two questions were good...i was like hey this isnt so bad (usually theres something there to make u think in the first questions) but they were good = false sence of security!! lmao

and the first or second post who said they did like a billion past papers..OMG go die now! (well not really, good onya..i should learn from u) I HATE TRIALs....I HATe the HSC!!

kokodamonkey

HSC
speed = distance/time = preschool knowledge, cant blame it on where class is up to???????????

on that financial one.. how i did it is you have the first 3 as taht one, and then you have the rate change, so then a4 = a3 + the info for the next one onwards.. so at the end of the day you have 2gps.

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
kokodamonkey said:
speed = distance/time = preschool knowledge, cant blame it on where class is up to???????????

on that financial one.. how i did it is you have the first 3 as taht one, and then you have the rate change, so then a4 = a3 + the info for the next one onwards.. so at the end of the day you have 2gps.
???
with question i think ur referring 2, did u get something lyk $118,000??

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
Ahmed A said:
lolz np buddy

did any1 get the point p(2,16) in question 5 part (c) i think it was
it was where they gave you the equation y = 2x^3 and y = 20 - 2x and the point (10,0)...
i just subbed in (2,16) in to both equations and they both satisfied it so they mustve intercepted at that point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)