• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CSSA - Software Design and Development (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
For those who did it, how did you guys find it? I thought it was pretty reasonable.

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
It was okay but it drained the hell out of me. Lmao every time I turned a page there would be another algorithm question -.-' but yeah it wasn't too bad. What was your option topic?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Evolution of programming languages, I didn't get some of the questions in the option, but I attempted it anyways, hope I get some of them right. (we kinda rushed it in class)

I started getting confused about binary search and selection sort algorithms. lol Ehh I'll do alright I reckon.

Dreaded that 1st phased versus pilot conversion that was omg, 4 marks = 2 pages of writing, so motivating, I had to turn the blank page over ahah until I got to it so I could keep my motivation going.

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah what the hell, so much writing! I recommended phased implementation, it better fits the scenario that was given. Option topic was kinda gay for us as well. Umm what the hell was that question where you had to draw the GUI for the algorithm (X1, X2, Y1, Y2) and you had to rewrite it...failed so hard at that question.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah what the hell, so much writing! I recommended phased implementation, it better fits the scenario that was given. Option topic was kinda gay for us as well. Umm what the hell was that question where you had to draw the GUI for the algorithm (X1, X2, Y1, Y2) and you had to rewrite it...failed so hard at that question.
lol same, I drew a straight diagonal line, I think its wrong though, cause some people said they did a curvy line, to re-write the algorithm, I just rewrote it and said when user resizes window, adjust the dimensions to respect the new dimensions of the window lol (I said it line by line) prob totally wrong, nethetheless my teacher said you can always get two marks just for using the right structure, that is, showing

BEGIN AdjustDimensions

WHILE
IF .... THEN

ENDIF
ENDWHILE

END AdjustDimensions

What did you get for the EBNF Multiple choice question? I put A.

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
I drew a straight diagonal line as well! Took me a while to do that question even though it was only 3 marks. As for the algorithm I didn't really give reasoning like the question asked, I just rewrote it and changed or added two variable names or something to something in regards to adjusting dimensions. I definitely got that part wrong. For the EBNF multiple choice I put A as well because I couldn't be bothered reading the rest, it looked like too much effort for a multiple choice but skimming through all the answers A made most sense to me.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I drew a straight diagonal line as well! Took me a while to do that question even though it was only 3 marks. As for the algorithm I didn't really give reasoning like the question asked, I just rewrote it and changed or added two variable names or something to something in regards to adjusting dimensions. I definitely got that part wrong. For the EBNF multiple choice I put A as well because I couldn't be bothered reading the rest, it looked like too much effort for a multiple choice but skimming through all the answers A made most sense to me.
I put A because it was the only one with the constant [-] in the right spot.

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh right that question! I got confused with the one that had fixed repetition with a variable i or something. I can't remember it properly, might have been Q11? It took up like half the page. Did you get 'D' for the railroad diagram question?

benj132

HSC
I've got my exam on thursday, but my school tends to remove a lot of questions from the cssa papers, 'cause our class are all dumb shits except for 3 of us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)