• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CSSA Studies of Religion (1 Viewer)

dela_

HSC
N/A
Re: SOR exams...

was I the only one that found the extented response hard...

dela_

HSC
N/A

i guess i was the only one ahah

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
haha I did the one unit one yesterday...
It was actually all right, considering I had taken my chances and learnt nothing on Asoka, and learnt everything on Martin Luther! I answered the essay question on Buddhism and talked about stories in the Vinaya, and moral stories and lessons that were given by the Buddha and by the current Dali Lama (I used quotes from him) :)

private_ryan

HSC
N/A

exam on Monday…. planning to do Martin Luther with Saturday/Sunday worshipand environmental ethics for depth study, haven’t covered religion and peace sothat will not be in the exam. Religion and Non Religion and Australia post 1945.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Same I thought it was okay... Haha what did you write for the last section about there's is no way to peace. Peace is the way ?/QUOTE]Elaborate on statement in intro to form thesis and then write about inner peace. Mention thesis in greater depth in conclusion. Win.

The depth study 20 mark was like wtf? religious stories?
Islam = Muhammad at mount Arafat, Ibrihim's Sacifice, metaphorical story of embryonic growth, angels in heaven circumambulating the thrown of heaven, the list goes on.

Chahoud

HSC
oh wow haha i wrote a thesis statment as well and did islam but didnt speak about that haha, wasn't it about inner peace as well ?

vemanjj

HSC
Uni Grad
i linked the story of martin luther with baptism (babylonian captivity) and ethics (he looked at the bible) but i also mentioned church tradition and natural law

HSC
Re: SOR exams... question

For the extended response section, my SOR teacher told all of the SOR students to do Christianity (20marker). The question will probably be vague and I'm planning to incorporate Paul + ethics + practices together.

The question is, how do you guys layout your SOR essays if your incorporating all three??

Do you do

Intro
Body 1 (paul)
Body 2 (ethic)
Body 3 (practice) ?

So for these vague (stupid) 20 markers you guys have just been taught to talk about the three aspects in your response, personality, ethic and practice? I don't know why our teachers told us to 'not limit ourselves' and talk about the religion in general :S stupid school

enoilgam

HSC

So for these vague (stupid) 20 markers you guys have just been taught to talk about the three aspects in your response, personality, ethic and practice? I don't know why our teachers told us to 'not limit ourselves' and talk about the religion in general :S stupid school
My teacher told me to use the structure mentioned by jamesfirst after I botched my SOR trial by talking about the religion in general. Using his advice I managed to improve heaps on the final exam.

HSC

My teacher told me to use the structure mentioned by jamesfirst after I botched my SOR trial by talking about the religion in general. Using his advice I managed to improve heaps on the final exam.
Ahhh, now that you mentioned that, yes I think I'm going to stick to your method. It does make sense though, they will require our knowledge on those three elements for the extended response tradition. Anyway, thanks, you're very helpful!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)