CSSA Trial Business Studies 2008 (1 Viewer)

Zippora

HSC
the distribution channels arent? they are marketing- developing marketing strategies

but if your talking about the gearing ratio then yes

... referring to shais question two up

Last edited:

Zippora

HSC
Chinkboy90 said:
i got 159% for gearing, but thats because i done total liabilities/total owners equity X 100, when I THINK, it should be total liabiltiies/total owners equity+total liabilties X 100. CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG PLEASE
nup you did it right, gearing is debt: equity x 100 not the other one you said
yay if you got the same answer as me we were probably right

Zippora

HSC
Chinkboy90 said:
but in the textbook, they said: ratio of 1.5:1, but gearing percentage is 66%, but in that exam i got 1.58:1, isn't that someone different since... (above statement)
if you are talking about the industry average then the one in the exam was a completely hypothetical made up industry average.. and it was 80%

C

Chinkboy90

Zippora said:
if you are talking about the industry average then the one in the exam was a completely hypothetical made up industry average.. and it was 80%
Oh okay, ummm, well lets see what others opinion are: to calculate gearing percentage? what do you guys think? is it (total liabilities/total owners' equity) X 100?

Zippora

HSC
Chinkboy90 said:
Oh okay, ummm, well lets see what others opinion are: to calculate gearing percentage? what do you guys think? is it (total liabilities/total owners' equity) X 100?
how about you check the opinion of your text book. i know how to calculate a gearing ratio.. you should know it off the top of your head, not need a vote

yes it is debt/equity x 100

C

Chinkboy90

my book says for a gearing ratio of 0.8:1, percentage wise it is 40%? i think my book is crap btw

Pud09

HSC
twas an alright test...we haven't covered globalisation yet so we had some substitute questions which were alright......question 26 on the bus business i found a bit strange but i think i covered what it asked.....what does everyone think of business studies being the first HSC exam?

Salmon24

HSC
I knew the distribution channels!!! But I wrote about e-commerce because I thought it was another method since I didnt feel confident writing about those methods! But its not!!! I hope i at least get 1 mark!! (it was out of 4 right?).

Yeh, for the debt to equity ratio- i was confused because somewhere i read it was debt/ debt + equity x 100.

In the test I wrote it as debt/ equity x 100....

shais

HSC
.... this period of time .. totally gay .. exam should take place in afternoon

Paj20

HSC
Chinkboy90 said:
yes, thats what i've been trying to say, i'm still confused at which one it is for calculating percentages. Some text books really need to be in more depth and accuracy
debt/equity x 100%

lol the answer was like 158.7% or 159 if you rounded... but you didnt have to.

jonaxiang

HSC
Fairly Easy Exam. I got the marketing bits changed cause we haven't started the topic yet which resulted in the last Q26 of short answers being replaced as well as extended responses of the business report and case study essay lolz for our school. Overall i feel i'll get at least 70% but it'll be hard to get 80%+ due to the way the teachers are gonna mark the extended responses. I wrote like only 4 pages for the stimulus business report and 6 pages for the Qantas Case study essay:(. I hear a lot of people in my grade wrote like 6-8 pages lol which sounds insane or that they neglected their short answer questions section.

Paj20

HSC
Chinkboy90 said:
1. What did u guys get for something about a restaurant promoting its product through sending pamphlets through letter boxes?
2. What did u get for one of the questions about orientation? such as selling orientation, marketing etc.
1. Personal Selling... it didnt say in letter boxs... it said distributing which mostly likely means face to face.

2. Selling Orientation... because they were promoting alot.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Chinkboy90 said:
1. What did u guys get for something about a restaurant promoting its product through sending pamphlets through letter boxes?
2. What did u get for one of the questions about orientation? such as selling orientation, marketing etc.
1) That's below-the-line promotion.
2) Dunno, can't remember.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Paj20 said:
1. Personal Selling... it didnt say in letter boxs... it said distributing which mostly likely means face to face.

2. Selling Orientation... because they were promoting alot.
Are you 100% that it's personal selling? Because I remeber my teacher explicitily stating that that sort of promotion is below-the-line.

Paj20

HSC
Chinkboy90 said:
thats exactly what i got, but i read the text book and they said marketing orientation also focuses on promotion, and i wasn't sure about personal selling because isn't that door to door, during phone call etc.

lol wasent it door to door.... it said distributes... nothing about into letter boxes???

And below the line is like discounts and free samples...

Paj20

HSC
Wassup? said:
Are you 100% that it's personal selling? Because I remeber my teacher explicitily stating that that sort of promotion is below-the-line.

lol no im not... cant see how it could be any of the others... how is it below the line?

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Paj20 said:
lol no im not... cant see how it could be any of the others... how is it below the line?
To be honest, the teacher is dumb, so you might be right. She said it's below the line because "It isn't common type of promotion, and so it's below line *does hand signal that symbolises below*"

Zippora

HSC
haha i said advertising even though i thought it didnt sound right becuase i always thought of below the line as more obscure than that

but by distributing pamphlets.. how often are your pamphlets delivered face to face? the general mode is letterboxes so i would say personal selling

and i said selling orientation becuase the focus of the exerpt was on the advertising that they do

Paj20

HSC
Wassup? said:
To be honest, the teacher is dumb, so you might be right. She said it's below the line because "It isn't common type of promotion, and so it's below line *does hand signal that symbolises below*"

lol you could be right... i dont no really took a while on that one... whatd you get for the one about what would be the effects on employment relations in a booming economy? that was so stupid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)