CSSA trial extension 1 (1 Viewer)

Hikari Clover

HSC
CSSA trial extension 1 + Result!!!!

good luck everyone :wave:

mine one starts at 1:25 2morrow,how about u guys?

exam's over.............

Last edited:

johnnypaul

HSC
lol same, but tomorrow i have bio and business then physics on thursday. someone kill me.

denoz

HSC
Wow. that was fairly difficult, especially the binomial in question 7. I reckon that was much harder than past CSSA papers.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Ok..... That was a very good 3unit test.... not TOO HARD and not TOO easy... the mathematical induction question was repeated......... froma few years ago..... it reminded me of the 2004 CSSA papers for some reason :S

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
wrxsti said:
Ok..... That was a very good 3unit test.... not TOO HARD and not TOO easy... the mathematical induction question was repeated......... froma few years ago..... it reminded me of the 2004 CSSA papers for some reason :S
errr....it was a challenging test man

Who did bloody question 7 the second part! the proving of binomials!

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
i didntget the parameter question the one where it goes show that p,q,r are in a arithmetic series such taht chord pr was parralel to tanget at Q

i showed that p+r/2 =q and thats bout it...

lil dynamyt

HSC
I thought it was hard. Im pretty sure i failed. I was sooo lost during the exam. DIdnt even get up to question 7...12 marks gone. Only got to the first part of question 6...10 marks gone. Didnt complete a couple of other questions...more marks gone. I FEEL EMO RIGHT NOW!!!

DivJx

HSC
N/A
That exam paper was a disgrace as far as exam papers go, look at the difficulty level of the exam paper from the start of question 1. Question 2a as well although not a difficult question mathematically but easily puts off the average 3 unit student simply by the nature of the question, The mathematics behind it is simple but it would scar a few off initallly.
You compare that paper with the last 10 years worth of papers and it would be easily twice as hard. If you hadn't notice they changed examiners to Arnold & Arnold (the 4 unit examiners) from the privious 3 unit examiners. In all honesty if you went well in that exam paper you are set for the HSC.

Put it this way the past HSC exam papers and catholic papers have nothing on this one, personally I think it was quite a misjudged paper.

lil dynamyt

HSC
DivJx said:
That exam paper was a disgrace as far as exam papers go, look at the difficulty level of the exam paper from the start of question 1. Question 2a as well although not a difficult question mathematically but easily puts off the average 3 unit student simply by the nature of the question, The mathematics behind it is simple but it would scar a few off initallly.
You compare that paper with the last 10 years worth of papers and it would be easily twice as hard. If you hadn't notice they changed examiners to Arnold & Arnold (the 4 unit examiners) from the privious 3 unit examiners. In all honesty if you went well in that exam paper you are set for the HSC.

Put it this way the past HSC exam papers and catholic papers have nothing on this one, personally I think it was quite a misjudged paper.
I agree, it was a really difficult paper that was way too challenging!!!!:angry:

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
AHH farout that was a bitch!

im so cut.. i dont understand what the shit is giong on!
you study hard but you still get these questions you havent seen b4 WT>>>F!

DivJx

HSC
N/A
lil dynamyt said:
I agree, it was a really difficult paper that was way too challenging!!!!:angry:
What school do you go to dynamyt?
Did you do the whole paper or were there replacement questions?

nadine06

HSC
i agree too

i could sort of get the maths behind the question but the way they worded it and what they asked threw me off.

for eg the projectiles last bit, i knew what to do but couldnt work it out cause they put in a random thing to include in the question

if that makes sense to anyone???????????

ill be over the moon if i pass very unlikely

DivJx

HSC
N/A
nadine06 said:
i agree too

i could sort of get the maths behind the question but the way they worded it and what they asked threw me off.

for eg the projectiles last bit, i knew what to do but couldnt work it out cause they put in a random thing to include in the question

if that makes sense to anyone???????????

ill be over the moon if i pass very unlikely
The exam was poorly implemented. Rather than actually providing a range of band level questions ranging from E1 - E4 it seems as it they were not aiming and allowing E1,E2 type questions due to the way the questions themselves were. There were definately E3 & E4 level questions.
Its as if they made the paper to purely demoralise students, like the old days where the Trials are meant to be super hard in comparison to the HSC. Pretty poor effort TBO, some feedback on this paper needs to be presented so the papers are more consistent/inline with the standard. Its their first paper so *shrug* but definitely needs looking at.

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
I have no idea what our school done. I'm pretty sure they used a few cssa questions, but changed it? From the people i've talkd too, our test was WAY easier then the cssa..

we had the parametric question with arithmetic series, but the induction was easier, and the last binomial was easier too i think?

nadine06

HSC
lmaoo

our maths co-ordinator said to us 'write no attempt on your booklets girls..........' he expected us to fail

lmao i didnt no if i should cry or laugh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)