CSSA trial thoughts (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
My school isn't catholic but we did this paper with different questions for evo. How hard was question 21 lol.. hardest part of the paper but other than that I did pretty well... the word based questions were fine but there were too many algorithms.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
I was just about to make a thread on this, haha. Actually, I'm not too sure if we did the CSSA paper or the Independant one. :| I found it easy anyway.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
hardest paper cssa have ever put out. well, longest at least. sooo much shizzzzzz!!!

Awesome88

HSC
Most died when i saw Q21

Ended up working through it, wassn't too bad, everything was pretty easy besides that.

Althought I felt the algorithms Iwrote were a little short, not worth 4 marks, and I had no idea on historical development of logic paradigm

daz89

HSC
Q21 sucked, rest was so so.

Hardware option didn't seem too bad.

shredinator

HSC
Words cannot describe how bad I went, honestly. I can say goodbye to number 1 in my class, I predict I am a lowly 3rd out of 5 people. Maybe even 4th.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I have to agree, stuggled with a lot of it. So many algorithms.

Was anyone else confused by Q21 when it asked for a description of the sort? What the hell was Pos? I couldn't work out where any of the values were coming from.

Awesome88

HSC
(I Hope) The sort was an insertion sort, Pos was the index of the value that is being "inserted" into the "new pos" spot.

At least, i hope so >.<

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Okay, it sounds like I did the independant paper. Thank god, the CSSA one sounds really hard.

First non-CSSA paper haha.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Awesome88 said:
(I Hope) The sort was an insertion sort, Pos was the index of the value that is being "inserted" into the "new pos" spot.

At least, i hope so >.<
Haha yeah me too, that's what I put. I just couldn't do a desk check properly because I had no idea where the values came from. Ah well.

nealos

HSC
ye i did the paper yesterday too

Do the convenors actually peer check the paper lol
cos the grammer was really horrible
Q21 was the worst iv seen
algorithm was bad , and confusing, the questions were not specific in some cases and ye overall was bad for a cssa paper.

I did the hardware option, that wasn;t to bad accept for the part c which no one in my class understood properly .. about displaying the PVr function or something.

there was to many drawings you had to do as well.
rushed for time in some instances

nealos

HSC
Awesome88 said:

At least, i hope so >.<
i did selection but what diid u do for the next part where u have to us ethe above example to show the sort function

really bad!

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
nealos said:
ye i did the paper yesterday too

Do the convenors actually peer check the paper lol
cos the grammer was really horrible
Q21 was the worst iv seen
algorithm was bad , and confusing, the questions were not specific in some cases and ye overall was bad for a cssa paper.

I did the hardware option, that wasn;t to bad accept for the part c which no one in my class understood properly .. about displaying the PVr function or something.

there was to many drawings you had to do as well.
rushed for time in some instances
Yeah none of us knew what was going on in the VCR one either. It was fairly confusing. I didn't do part ii and I probably did part i wrong.

zcb666

HSC
Ive still gotta do mine. Can somebody help me out? >_< sounds f'n horrible :worried:

Beege

HSC
It was very easy to convert that CASEWHEREOTHERWISEENDCASE algorithm into a IFTHENELSEENDIF algorithm in question 21.

Foxtel

HSC
My god, question 21 was evil.

What were they thinking? I was just about ready to rip up the exam sheet because of that question.

It was too vague...

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Beege said:
It was very easy to convert that CASEWHEREOTHERWISEENDCASE algorithm into a IFTHENELSEENDIF algorithm in question 21.
Yeah that part was fairly simple. Same for the flowchart. I'm a bit worried that I managed to screw something up anyway or got tricked somehow.

Beege

HSC
for that flowchart.. were we meant to do the sub-programs too i.e. two more flowcharts for just them?

nealos

HSC
Beege said:
for that flowchart.. were we meant to do the sub-programs too i.e. two more flowcharts for just them?
i just did one flow chart

Beege

HSC
woot got my mark back - 78%! which i think is heaps good for that CSSA trial. I came 1st in my class for it.. the average was like in the 40's lol. Well my final assessment percentage is 78% and my final ranking is 2/11. Yay

]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)