CSSA Trials: 3U Maths thoughts (1 Viewer)

HSC
Also, is 0 < theta < 90? or 270 < theta < 360? Depending on which of these conditions are specified will determine whether tan(theta/2) is positive or negative.
I'm not sure, the person who originally posted the question did not specify, but yes the domain determines if positive or negative

km1307

HSC
For the general solutions question (14a), did you guys have two equations, or were you somehow meant to write the answer as one equation?

km1307

HSC
i think it should be (sqroot 2/sqroot 3) faisalabdul16

yma

HSC
What were the hardest questions? Did you guys have multiple choice questions?

HSC
What were the hardest questions? Did you guys have multiple choice questions?
Obviously they had multiple choice questions... It's the new format for maths papers. 2u, 3u & 4u papers have 10 multiple choice questions

Last edited:

mreditor16

HSC
did it today for practice. was a straightforward exam, but the math induction q was retarted. not a good question.

Thank_You

HSC
I liked the induction question haha :)

The binomial probability in question 9 of multiple choice was so confusing though

All in all, pretty straightforward exam
I guessed the probability, got it right (yay), but I realised after doing it properly was pretty easy, just split up in 3 cases.

I wish I could say the same as you. I can and almost never see circle geometry unless its deadset obvious :( I couldn't see the mathematical induction and I realised all you had to do was common denominator! *sigh the struggles

Machiavelli1

HSC
did it today for practice. was a straightforward exam, but the math induction q was retarted. not a good question.
Hahahah i did it today as well. Same view on the induction Q it wasn't hard, just weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)