CSSA Trials: English AOS Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

sophisms

HSC
Advanced kids, which of the three quotes did you choose for the creative?

I chose the first one about the draughty coat or something like that. Didn't even know what draughty meant LOL.
bahaha same here :L I chose first one

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Advanced kids, which of the three quotes did you choose for the creative?

I chose the first one about the draughty coat or something like that. Didn't even know what draughty meant LOL.
i picked the scattered one and just threw in the word a couple of times throughout my story...hopefully thats good enough!
lol, yeah i thought the 'hide' part of that stimulus would have been good to use as well.

mega fail! Ran out of time and didn't get to finish two sections :( OH WHYYY
definitely going to screwed paper 2 as well considering that i prepared more for paper 1 and yet, still failed it.
:cry:
you didn't finish TWO sections??

Demise

HSC
i picked the scattered one and just threw in the word a couple of times throughout my story...hopefully thats good enough!
lol, yeah i thought the 'hide' part of that stimulus would have been good to use as well.
I agree one hundred percent. I was talking about anxiety and just not wanting to be seen, since people kept looking.

sophisms

HSC

you didn't finish TWO sections??
Yeah, did terrible and I usually finish everything.... personally, i found section 1 hard, so spent a lot of time on it :/

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, did terrible and I usually finish everything.... personally, i found section 1 hard, so spent a lot of time on it :/
well, at least it happened in the trials and not in the hsc

onedaysnotice

HSC
LMAO me too! Did you write in 1st person or 3rd?
I wrote in first person :) My prepared story was like 1150 words. I think I added like 100 more to it. Guess thats where all my time went. Dx

Shouldn't have started with the creative. I got complacent as I breezing through the pages whilst the others looked to be still on their 2nd page, so I wasn't writing at optimal speed.

p3rf3ction

HSC
it said "basis" but it still requires you to integrate it somewhere in your essay, i recall my teachers telling us this. We'll see

p3rf3ction

HSC
To everyone doing paper 2 tomorrow, is yours just Mod A and B or is it including C. We're doing A and B and im just wondering if its 1.5 hours (45mins each section) or is it 80 mins because on our timetable its 1.5 but im not too sure if its an error or not.

whimsical

HSC
Love love loved it. I was calm the entire time, to the extent that my handwriting maintained neatness (and this is coming from someone with chicken-scratch handwriting during exams!), I answered every question and felt really, really confident. Creative story was really easy to associate with the stimuli, and I would have been fine regardless if I had prepared or not. Essay question was FANTASTIC toward my texts (used Dickinson and Into The Wild). My first argument was very very detailed, and I felt my thesis was quite solid. I went in with two Dickinson poems fully memorised and a 'backup' half memorised in case one wasn't relevant. My backup was indeed, more relevant to my argument, but I forgot my quotes! Such a shame. I used a different poem and pulled that off fairly well but I feel my second argument suffered a bit. What can you do? Lucky it's only trials and not the real HSC, I would have been super depressed!

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
To everyone doing paper 2 tomorrow, is yours just Mod A and B or is it including C. We're doing A and B and im just wondering if its 1.5 hours (45mins each section) or is it 80 mins because on our timetable its 1.5 but im not too sure if its an error or not.
we're doing A, B, and C so ours goes for 2 hours.

2xL

HSC
Wasn't too bad. QQ for modules though.

2xL

HSC
Yeah, i took moments as being a definite point in time but that kind of messed me up a little because most of my points weren't a definite point in time but over like the span of the book or in general terms without a specific point in time :\
Same! Let's just hope the criteria is open as to whether or not "moments" means like just a fleeting moment, or longer time spans like migration.

Demise

HSC
Same! Let's just hope the criteria is open as to whether or not "moments" means like just a fleeting moment, or longer time spans like migration.
It could be both, as long as you defined it IMHO. If they were going to limit it, they'd ensure that only moments such as specific short events would be allowed, but I highly doubt they would, it was an open question IMHO.

uniquee

reps2g is a stalker
HSC
Not sure if we used CSSA, but was your first text two pictures?

manscux

HSC
For my essay i talked about experiences and how various experiences in a moment in time can create understanding as to whether a person belongs or not... any insights

:)

Only reason since 5 mark question was on experiences and like any other year their is a constant theme that goes through the paper

Last edited:

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
Sweet, so I'm hopefully fine. I really have to stop stressing lol, need to be in the right mind for the next 7 hours of hard-cramming.
Same, don't worry! I am so not prepared for Paper 2 --_--

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)