CSSA Trials: English AOS Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

Demise

HSC
Basil was easy. They blatantly gave you the fact that he felt "alone", that's one aspect of not belonging. He then got a nickname "Lee-Y" or something, and that made him feel as if he belonged. Done and done?

The imagery one was also easy, I didn't even read the full text. Just grab some descriptive text like "hollowed in" or "castles of sand" and you're done, they provided everything with that.

The poem, epicness. <3

Last edited:

Brett_P

HSC
I spent about 5 minutes of the exam whispering "Lee-Y" trying to figure out how to say it.

Clean Sweep

HSC
The questions itself wasn't very hard. I didn't look at the clock properly and wrote 1.5 pages for the creative writing task which I left to last.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Pretty fair test. I did a similar essay to the one we were given for practice, so I had a good idea of what I was going to write about, stimulus fit in with my creative writing well enough, and the short answers weren't too difficult.

Could've done better, but not a bad effort.

George121

HSC
I found it quite hilarious how i wasn't the only one who didn't know what "draught" meant, but i still used that particular quote for my creative. Goes to show how creative we truly are; writing about things we don't understand!

mrteeson

HSC
Everything was good esp the creative writing and essay, however the short answers I didn't feel confident. I don't know but did anyone find the (c) 3rd question hard? Comparing the sense of belonging and not belonging(something like that) I just remember I couldn't find a proper technique from that text and did the most bs of my life lol.

George121

HSC
Everything was good esp the creative writing and essay, however the short answers I didn't feel confident. I don't know but did anyone find the (c) 3rd question hard? Comparing the sense of belonging and not belonging(something like that) I just remember I couldn't find a proper technique from that text and did the most bs of my life lol.
that question was the most messed up question, for the most messed up story or whatever the shit it was. I still don't know where on earth the nickname "Lee-Y' came from, when his damn name is Basil, and he is playing basketball...

mrteeson

HSC
that question was the most messed up question, for the most messed up story or whatever the shit it was. I still don't know where on earth the nickname "Lee-Y' came from, when his damn name is Basil, and he is playing basketball...
Yea lmao, really messed up...

Neptunes

HSC
I found it quite hilarious how i wasn't the only one who didn't know what "draught" meant, but i still used that particular quote for my creative. Goes to show how creative we truly are; writing about things we don't understand!
haha I thought I was the only one

lilazna55a5in

HSC
Section 3 and 2 were quite good, didn't finish section 1. the texts in section 1 were confusing :(

HSC
Not as bad as I thought it would be. The first part I struggled with ( I always do for some reason, no idea why but I do tend to have trouble identifying techniques and linking...gonna die in the advanced one tomorrow) but I am happy with what I wrote.

I used the second quote for my story (four and a half pages) and managed to fit it in perfectly with the story I already had :headbang: Hopefully the teachers will agree.

Essay, wrote two pages and one line. I had trouble remembering my quotes and finished right on the dot. I spent an extra 10 minutes on the first part by mistake, in the end only leaving myself 35 mins to do the essay. Might not get top marks, but aiming for B all round, might just miss out on it with this part though.

Trying to learn quotes/ values/ techniques for Cloudstreet, Shakespeare/pacino and Justice/Olympic article(rt)/green mile (rt) :read: This will not end well...

George121

HSC
Thats exactly what I did, it's better to do the last section first :)
i only did it in that order to ensure i didnt forget anything for the essay (i finished just as time was up)...
and i forgot about 3 of my points

so screwed for tomorrow !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)